Linux CanÂ’t Kill Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
now now shoobie.. linux isn't perfect.... might not be all the time better but there is alot of stuff ppl dont like bout microsott. not only are the o/s and stuff HUGE but also alot of times they mess up and its impossible to get good help on their site.. (click here 4 help.. now click here here here here here here) its annoying.. calling them never solves ne thing.. and here is another nice link... im not saying i hate either.. but both are nice to use. so plz dont think i am saying that one or the other is best.. both have ups and downs

http://www.windows-sucks.com/content/whatsbad.shtml

9761240042B.jpg

Since we have the AMD vs. Intel Sticky, could we please have as LINUX vs. Windows Sticky.

^ That looks like my lizard's food, hehe.

I agree with the article somewhat, but both are going to have their ups and downs. You can't say one is better than the other, it isn't a fact, it's an opinion.

I don't hate Windows, but I really disagree with this article
But you can't turn Linux into a platform even if you brand it, box it, and put a pricey sticker on it.
Linux already is a platform, and it had become one without the pricey sticker on it. the cost of Linux is the time programmers spend on it

Businesses and organizations of all sizes need consistent, predictable, scalable, self-contained platforms for server solutions. Windows wins
this is just an opinion, which not everybody shares. in a lot of cases Linux does win. even Microsoft uses Linux on some of their servers.

and users, if anything, let this be a debate and not a flame war

Linux and Windows both have their strong suits and their weak points, I've used numerous versions of both and I tend to prefer Windows, but that's just because of what my needs are.

Linux is a good OS, but I just don't have the time or the patience to be able to troubleshoot the little problems associated with it, go digging for the programs that will work on it, and configure and tamper with the Linux kernels.

It's geared towards servers, and compared to Windows, Linux is the best server OS solution you can find, but for regular joes who don't have a clue what they're doing, Linux will simply induce headaches.

Harper said:
9761240042B.jpg

Since we have the AMD vs. Intel Sticky, could we please have as LINUX vs. Windows Sticky.

lol, if we had sticky for all that bull$#!t, the page will be full of stickies: ATI v. Nvidia, AMD v. Intel, MAC v. Windows, Linux v. Windows, etc

gaara said:
Linux and Mac OS X are both built on the same kernel. ;)

Negative, both posix compliant yes, and yes there are PPC linux kernels, but they are different than the kernel apple issues with OS X by quite a bit, all the hardware with the OS X kernel works, still doesnt quite work just yet with linux on a mac, its close though, most of it works,firewire, bluetooth, and power/cooling management still have issues last I checked, it will run though.The guy in charge of the linux kernel runs linux on a mac as his main machine.The OS X kernel is monolithic too, most linux kernels arent setup that way, but can be easily if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom