Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't suggest doing that though if your new to the linux world. Right off the bat it's easiest to just let the OS auto allocate the space on your drive and not touch other OS's.

I wiped my XP clean this weekend and am going with only Mandrake 9.1 now. I bought SuSu but it couldn't detect my network cards. So I have to wait a bit on that.

Hi,

Ok, so i have spent a day downloading Linux. It says you cant just burn the ISOs onto a CD, I also downloaded Rawrite. what specific thing do i need to do to get it onto the cds?

oh...hehehe. OK. So another question, I have a whole bunch of files including the images. over 7 gigs worth.

Theres 2 main folders ISO and OS, do I need to burn ALL of this? Cuz thats gonna be a lot of CDS.

Mist distro's that I know of are 3 disks. You can get away with a minimul install with only disk one. But to get the full flavor of Linux, burn the 3.

Everything else can get d/l'd after your install. Or, make a fat32 partition for storage. Then install Samba. This way you can access these files while in linux. I do this with my vids and mp3's.

k, thanks!!I will post some screen shots of what files I have.

What didstro did you end up going with? Because if it's Mandrke 9.2, those arn't the ISO's on they're site. They won't post the ISO's for a while.

I just ordered the 3 disks off of ebay for $1.99 + shipping. I'm using 9.1 now but want to see 9.2 in action.

BTW, Victoria rocks!!!!!! You've got some of the best pawn shops and one killer strip club up there!

Heres the screenshots of what im looking @

Linux1.gif

linux2.gif

linux3.gif

yummy, now you just gotta burn those iso's to disk and you'll be a happy camper :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom