like jeeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
I hate it when anyone says anything about any kind of car and how they don't LIKE it, there's always some macho football muscle car Madden football playing jock wannabe there to tell you that his [insert car you don't like] is better than your car, and to spout of specs and numbers and statistics they find on Wikipedia. I am tired of car people and their know-it-all attitudes. You don't own the @#$%ing world, so just shut the @#$% up.

Yes. Swearing shows you have nothing else to say (just like me in this thread), and we all know that when macho, football playing, madden on xbox (not PS2, only xbox) playing muscle car, off roading, snow boarding, rap(or country) listening, cheer leader @#$%ing, jock wannabes have nothing else to say, they swear and tell people to "eat @#$%."

Aww, don't be mad because my high school life is better than yours. And, to be specific, all though your generalization is awesome, I listen to rock, don't play consoles, don't have a muscle car, rarely snowboard, and I'm not a jock wannabe, because I am one, I don't need to pretend.

Your ignorance kills me, I'm guessing you were made fun of in high school so from now on you're one of those "revenge of the nerds" type guys. Seriously, get a life, stop generalizing people because they play sports.

Hadn't checked in on this thread in a bit... looks like I should have.

I'm not going to close it, at least for now. If the conversation can move back toward to original topic, instead of slamming each other, it can be salvaged.

flame.gif
g1jargue.gif
flame.gif

I drive a Mazda Metro (sometimes called a Demio)
it's not a fast car, and it's not a big car; but it doesn't use very much petrol, and it gets me to where I need to go. that's all that matters.

now, about that AWS.....
yeah, that can be handy. especially when there's small parking spaces.

I don't care who thought of it first. if it works well, and doesn't cost a heap, then great.

but right now it does cost a fair bit, because only a few cars have it.

I don't know when the idea of 4 steerable wheels came for a car or truck, but I do know that there was equipment in the 1960's that had that equipment (like payloaders, transporters, etc.) My older brother was an equipment operator and used about everything. I think the idea originated with heavy equipment.

I've operated payloaders and teleporters (similar to a fork lift truck) that had all kinds of configurations for the steering. The teleporter had standard steering with the front wheels, or reverse steering with the back wheels, or short radius steering (front and back wheels turn in opposite directions, or side steering (all wheels turned in the same direction), or the steering where all wheels turned out so the equipment could turn in place (don't remember what that was called). It had a shifter for all those different modes. I've also run a payloader where none of the wheels steered; the equipment pivoted in the middle right below the seat.

Now when they put all that in a four wheel drive....well, I really don't know why you'd need all that. LoL!

With all these manufacturers coming out with 4 wheelers (small variety like made by Kawasaki, Honda, et al), I don't know why anyone would want to spend lots of money on a vehicle to take off-road and potentially scratch up or tear up.

Dave :D

DMo224 said:
I don't know when the idea of 4 steerable wheels came for a car or truck, but I do know that there was equipment in the 1960's that had that equipment (like payloaders, transporters, etc.) My older brother was an equipment operator and used about everything. I think the idea originated with heavy equipment.

I've operated payloaders and teleporters (similar to a fork lift truck) that had all kinds of configurations for the steering. The teleporter had standard steering with the front wheels, or reverse steering with the back wheels, or short radius steering (front and back wheels turn in opposite directions, or side steering (all wheels turned in the same direction), or the steering where all wheels turned out so the equipment could turn in place (don't remember what that was called). It had a shifter for all those different modes. I've also run a payloader where none of the wheels steered; the equipment pivoted in the middle right below the seat.

Now when they put all that in a four wheel drive....well, I really don't know why you'd need all that. LoL!

With all these manufacturers coming out with 4 wheelers (small variety like made by Kawasaki, Honda, et al), I don't know why anyone would want to spend lots of money on a vehicle to take off-road and potentially scratch up or tear up.

Dave :D

well you have to realize these vehicles are meant for certain people. like that jeep that this thread was originally about has no use to the average person. no one in their right mind would buy this car to drive to work and back. cause one you would never use the 4 wheel steering 2 the car looks like a dune buggy and 3 would you really wanna fill up gas for 2 5.7L hemi engines? i sure wouldnt. this is for people who work either in the wilderness or wants more excitement in offroading and offroads alot. if this car does come into production i highly doubt theyre will be alot made. maybe like 20k of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom