lighten up a little people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:amazed: that is a scary thought that they may have linked back. yeah i saw the thread with the new Intel guy (clearly because i posted in there :p) and obviously new guys kicking up a stink are a problem. i was just calling for more maturity from the more regular folk because it takes two to tango. that metaphor had nothing to do with my point.....well actually it did, i lied looks like i flamed my own pants.

guess what i'm saying is for the sake of the forum don't flame even the most flameworthy post if you can avoid it. time for another metaphor "if someone doesn't take the high road, there will be a 20 car pile up on the low road".....go me, that one was off the top of my head.

I guess the thing that has been really annoying me as of lately is the number of people that think the following :-

OT Sub Forum is where you can post "any thing you want". This include every thing from taboo subjects (Sex, Politics, Religion), stupidity (Just about 99% of Kingping's Threads) and subject that we all ready have sub forum for.

People that post about 15, 10, 5, 2 minutes later complaining that no one has replied to their thread.

People that post about 15, 10, 5, 2 minutes later complaining that no one has replied to their thread. And then proceed to complain about it in the OT Sub Forum.

And finally the number of AMD vs Intel, nVidia vs. Ati, Mac vs. Windows and Linux Vs. Windows debates when we all ready have stickies for those ones all ready. And I will not start the repetive pointless ones too. Like I remember 4 months ago when we have 2 FAVORITE MOVIE THREADS with in a day of each other.

Harper said:
I guess the thing that has been really annoying me as of lately is the number of people that think the following :-

OT Sub Forum is where you can post "any thing you want". This include every thing from taboo subjects (Sex, Politics, Religion), stupidity (Just about 99% of Kingping's Threads) and subject that we all ready have sub forum for.

People that post about 15, 10, 5, 2 minutes later complaining that no one has replied to their thread.

People that post about 15, 10, 5, 2 minutes later complaining that no one has replied to their thread. And then proceed to complain about it in the OT Sub Forum.

And finally the number of AMD vs Intel, nVidia vs. Ati, Mac vs. Windows and Linux Vs. Windows debates when we all ready have stickies for those ones all ready. And I will not start the repetive pointless ones too. Like I remember 4 months ago when we have 2 FAVORITE MOVIE THREADS with in a day of each other.

amd vs. intel type of stickies are helpful.. but not entertaining!!

if a newbie comes in they want learn, they don't want to read a 3yr old debate, they want to LIVE it.. if you've lived through a bunch of those threads just leave it to the people that haven't experienced an AMD vs. Intel thread.. not fair that you get to argue and bash and then tell the new guys they can't because you already did.

aliasaid said:
amd vs. intel type of stickies are helpful.. but not entertaining!!

if a newbie comes in they want learn, they don't want to read a 3yr old debate, they want to LIVE it.. if you've lived through a bunch of those threads just leave it to the people that haven't experienced an AMD vs. Intel thread.. not fair that you get to argue and bash and then tell the new guys they can't because you already did.

You got a point with the AMD vs. INTEL. Hopefully some of these debates are going into a desiding factor for a new PC. And the choice of CPU can influence the type of PC are going to purchase.
HOWEVER..... these Mac Vs. PC debates get very old very quickly.

Nubius said:
ya know what they say, kill em with kindness.................unfortunately I'm just always fresh out of kindness ammunition :D

grandma-cookies.jpg

Here Nubius, I baked you these special cookies... I hope you have a few hours to enjoy them.... :D

I agree..its odd because its safe to say I am a fairly olderish member and usually only post help not topics. About the one time I did ask for help here and specfically asked for members opionions not "search" or "google" some schmuck got stupid and got the thread closed. Fortunately some of the elder members spoke up, but still. I say its pointless to have a forum that is meant to ask questions and opinions if we are simply going to tell them to search something. If it is something that is obivous we can politely tell them to search...you know like hey! Welcome to the forums this topic has been discussed in great deatail and if you do a quick search you will find many good discussions on the matter, but if you still have questions feel free to post them here! Sounds better than "www.google.com" or "use the search".

ya i totally agree win2k.. a lot of times people mean well.. (or are just annoyed..) and it comes off really rude. we need to be nicer to noobs.

I have LOTS of kindness ammunition! I just can't hit the broad side of a barn. :p

13yroldkilled.jpg

Yep, can't aim worth ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom