Life of an outcast geek...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Beed. Just move to SE Tennessee, and we'll hang.

There are some great college around here, as well. Not to mention the campus scenery **cough**CHICKS**cough** are really easy on the eyes.

You gotta admit that there's just something about a girl with a southern accent, eh?

hmm..wierd, i actually help a lot of my friends with computer-related stuff b/c they're so computer illerate

i have never had a girlfriend
my only "friends" ditch me like every day so i just sit in the library and talk on tf
only time they really act like my friends is when they need computer help. Like last week this one chick saw me on my ibook and was like on my dads ibook for a project we made a movie and I need to know wether or not it has a cd burner. And i was liek what kind of laptop is it... and she says a g4 ibook so i say yeah all g4 ibooks have burners and this is comin from sumone who normally wouldnt even look in my general direction. but even so im not popular and never have been
hmmm... life sucks

Well I really have 2 real friends and I have to say they really don't give a damn about what I do or what I say or how I act. I have other friends that do drugs but you know what that ain't my life and I would never do that.

I think if they get all weird that you are into computer, they are not good enough. I've had a few long-term relationships (1 year+) and the only one that didnt think it was cool or something to that extent we never got along. My current girlfriend, who isnt bad looking at all, thinks its pretty cool, maybe its because I'm also into cars but who knows. I think you just have to be yourself, 100%, its the fake crap that gets you no where if you ask me.

-Ryan

beedubaya, I hate to hear that you're kinda down right now, but here is the best advice I can give. I like a lot of what Trotter said, just be yourself. For example, when I came to college it was hard for me to meet friends, but given time I just started meeting people. There's a pastor at a local church and the first sermon he gives every fall semester is basically themed "It's OK to be lonely". I was totally that way, and I think life just gets like that sometimes. All I can say is to stick it out, and I'm sure friends will come along, no matter how dire the situation seems.

As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself. Let people get to know the real you. For example, I have many nerdy hobbies, i.e. computers, chess, star wars, majoring in engineering, etc, but I have a wide variety of friends simply because they like me for who I am and couldn't care less about my interests. I wish there was some way I could help or some magical advice, but just give it time.

meh..if all else fails, f*ck them

just move far away, get a job, and make new friends

...or not

McKlaxx, you are the biggest loser i've ever seen

good luck @ ever finding a friend in your whole life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom