License Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
This may be a dumb question, but one I'm relatively curious about figuring an answer out to.

Tomorrow, my license expires. It is listed as expiring on 5/27/2010.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting up with an old buddy from school at a bar to catch up.

If they were to catch the date on it, would I be able to get in still? Does it mean 5/27 = the last day that it is valid, or the first day of it being invalid?

That marks the day it must be renewed, it is no longer valid due to any changes your face/hair has undergone through the years. It is mostly a tool of pulling money, but, also lets you know that you should get it updated so you don't look so different.

That marks the day it must be renewed, it is no longer valid due to any changes your face/hair has undergone through the years. It is mostly a tool of pulling money, but, also lets you know that you should get it updated so you don't look so different.

What's ironic is I used to have really shaggy hair, which is when my license picture was taken. I ended up shaving my head for a year, and after that keeping it extremely short/buzzed with a slightly spiked-on-top army buzz cut looking thing. Now? It's back to being shaggy again, so I look pretty much identical to what I did in my license picture anyway.

Haaa??

I see I can get my license renewed online in PA, and I read something about they could print out a voucher that I present to a cop if I get pulled over saying I am this person, yes my license is expired, but it's okay because here's my confirmation. I wonder if a bar would accept that...

I dunno about there, but you can renew online in Tennessee. They will send the new license to you with the same picture as before.

I think PA requires you to have a new picture, at least based on how stern they were when they were talking about it. I got my "voucher" for my license today, because the photo center was closed. It's a 60 day voucher which is basically an "extension of life" on my old license till I can get a picture taken, at which point I'll get a new one printed out.

Also - My license expiration date is 5/27/2010. They told me that it is GOOD for the entire duration of tomorrow. Come 12:01 AM 5/28/2010, it's expired.

Licenses expire at 12:01am the next day. The reason being is that some people forget to renew, or wait till the last minute or even if they do renew online in the proper amount of time they are not sent in time cause someone at the local DMV is sleeping or on YouTube instead of printing them...but i digress.

So it could be caught in the mail or one of a million other things. I was able to use my license, which still stated under 21 and expired on my 21st birthday to buy alcohol. I didnt have my new license when i went to the store as it was not sent to me in time. It was still considered valid and i was able to buy.

At least that is how it is in NY.

I don't think a bar cares if your license needs to be renewed. The only reason they check your ID is to make sure you're old enough. They're not a government run industry. ;)

The bar is the last thing you should be worried about here. I'd be more worried about getting pulled over and getting a ticket.

I don't think a bar cares if your license needs to be renewed. The only reason they check your ID is to make sure you're old enough. They're not a government run industry. ;)

The bar is the last thing you should be worried about here. I'd be more worried about getting pulled over and getting a ticket.

I'm in the clear now, I have a 60 day "lease" on my existing license till I can get my picture taken.

I'm sorry, but it's the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard of to have 1 building where you get your license renewed, etc, but the "photo center" which is in the corner surrounded by office-like cubical dividers closes THREE HOURS before the regular license renewal place does out in the main lobby.

Go PA. Failboat.

I'm sorry, but it's the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard of to have 1 building where you get your license renewed, etc, but the "photo center" which is in the corner surrounded by office-like cubical dividers closes THREE HOURS before the regular license renewal place does out in the main lobby.

Go PA. Failboat.

That is pretty stupid. It's not like that here.

wow yeah in MI the pic taker is right there with everything in the DMV/ sec of state, PA does not require insurance either to register your car/plate, most other states require proof of insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom