Let's see your Computer tool kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I went to Home Depot today to look for some micro tool kits. I found a Small Husky Micro screw driver kit with interchangeable bits and it turned out to be a piece of crap. I want to assemble a small tool kit for the RC Chopper, the computer (and all the case screws and stuff I've got clogging up a drawer in my file cabinet) and for other small misc repairs.

Looking for ideas.. Anyone have any tool kits they use for the computer? I think I've seen a couple here.. Was thinking about a tackle box or something like it.

^ It's basically like that, but I can't find it at ALL on the Home Depot site. I needed it to change a wing out on my chopper.

All i can find is this.. I Googled it and it came up under the Home Depot site as "No longer available." I wonder WHY?!?! It's got a pressure spring for bit retention, when I magnetic bit would be better and a LOT easier to get the SMALL bits out of the socket... But I guess magnetic stuff is no good around hard drives or sensitive electronics.
images

A set of precision screwdrivers, a four-way screwdriver, and a pair of needle-nose pliers are all I usually need.

In my last job, I could get away with a leatherman. However now that I am doing Dell Break-Fix, I do need to bring alot more.

Reason why i have the big suitcase is that I do have plans to purchase a powered screw driver in the next month or so. Reason being is so I can breeze through some jobs. Eg. Changing a motherboard on a laptop, I need to go through 50 screws.

I try to aviod any of those screw driver sets with all the different heads. You will quickly loose all the bits.
And yes, that a can of deorderant in my kit too. This is pretty much all the stuff I need for Break Fix.

The other thing I have purchased is a rubber mat or an antislip mat. It prevents computers from sliding all over the place in the back of the car.

If I am working on one of the sites, like sydney water or GE General Finance. The only thing I really need is a leatherman, USB Memory Stick and a few blank CDs.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom