Let's Beat Nubius!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Let's Beat Nubius!!!

molsen said:
i assume that was sarcasm.... at least i hope it was. there's a reasons it's called "off topic" rather than "on topic"

No, actually, i'm serious. Normally, one might think I was being sarcastic... But, right now i'm not.

Exactly, "ONE MIGHT THINK because it's called off-topic, that you may-be talk about anything, but that's just not the case." The rules say, "ANYTHING COMPUTER RELATED, that doesn't fit into another category."

Most of us, including myself and the almighty Nubius... Like to use the OT section to discuss other things rather then computer related stuff.

WHICH, is actually not what the section under the rules is for.

SO! I say, "Delete Off-Topic"...

What is "allowed to be posted in TF" should have a category already with-in it's 34 total categories.

if it has to be computer related, then why not post it in any of the other many on-topic forums? nothing in off-topic has hardly ever been computer-related. i don't see why we should suddenty delete the section now because of it. you're crazy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's Beat Nubius!!!

HAVOC2k5 said:
Most of us, including myself and the almighty Nubius... Like to use the OT section to discuss other things rather then computer related stuff.

i agree with that, i like sitting down at my computer for an hour or so discussing things here in off topic that serves a purpose but theres alot of things here that dont.

instead of wanting to delete off topic, why not for every stupid post that turns into a flame fest, abuse, etc everyone that plays a major part in it earns a 5 day ban(is there even temp bans on here?) and not necessarily the thread started unless it was a very inappropriate topic.

that would take alot of work for the mods though with all this stupid posting going on.

molsen said:
if it has to be computer related, then why not post it in any of the other many on-topic forums? nothing in off-topic has hardly ever been computer-related. i don't see why we should suddenty delete the section now because of it. you're crazy.

lol.... SEE you do understand what i'm saying. But, you're just not looking at it from my point of view. What you just posted is exactly what i'm talking about.

IF IT HAS TO BE COMPUTER RELATED, THEN WHY NOT POST IT IN ANY OF THE OTHER MANY on-topic FORUMS.

Which, if you really think about it, defeats the purpose of an off-topic section.

Review this page on wikipedia explaining what, "Off-Topic" means:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-topic

You'll see my point clearer. Tech-Forums.net is a TECHNOLOGY related forum. Which has strict rules regarding topics. It has 34 differnet sections for a vast array of Techology related discussions.

The mods/admins have a difficult time policing rules and policies of the OFF-TOPIC section. Why? Because it's the most widely used. Yet, they have strict rules in the Off-Topic... Rules that are strict enough to completely defeat the purpose and meaning of Off-topic.

So, I recommend to alleviate this problem, CLOSE AND DELETE the "OFF-TOPIC" section.

Well, see NOW we're getting into "Site Feedback and Suggestions" which would belong in the appropriate thread (which only furthers aids Havoc's point) ;)

I personally don't think that the off-topic section should be removed, just better patrolled.
If the current moderating staff cannot handle the mass amount of off-topic traffic, then perhaps some special-forces moderaters should be chosen. An off-topic A-TEAM, if you will :p
quagmire_family_guy_the_a-team.jpg

i think for it to truly be off-topic it should be less-patrolled. i mean, honestly, it's just a forum, and it's just the off-topic section.

it's not even tech-related, so why waste time and effort patrolling this when it's the on-topic sections that really need to be watched to stay....you guessed it....ON TOPIC.

i think for it to truly be off-topic it should be less-patrolled.
I do SO hope that was sarcasm.

While having rules (restrictive or not)can be a good/bad thing, people need to take some friggin' responsibility here. No matter what area of TF you go to, FLAMING is not allowed, FOUL LANGUAGE is not allowed, TARGETING A SPECIFIC MEMBER is not allowed. And, yet, these things are constantly happening.

It is not the mod team's responsibility to be the cleaning crew. Individual members SHOULD have enough sense and decency to abide by the rules that are established instead of blatantly disregarding them or pushing the envelope every chance they get.

While I am not in total agreement with doing away with Off-Topic, that possibility has been discussed before, and, if things continue as they are, I can get behind that idea.

I can hear the wailing now... "The mods won't let us have any fun"... "Nazis"... "Dictators"... "This place suxxors". All I can say is grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom