let me share a word of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is the most reliable assault rifle. next to maybe a HK-91 (semi auto "american" version of the g3).
i am going to wager poor loads (rounds). or---it was assembled incorrectly.
it doesnt take much to be out of place to cause an accident like that. usually if it is the rifle, it will explode on the first or second round.
you are A+ lucky to be alive...definitely uber lucky that you didn't have serious eye damage.

i found video of EXACTLY what happened to me. But I was shooting semi.....

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=b9c_1201440552" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

WOW!

Reminds me of the time i almost forgot my helmet before snowboarding, hit my head really hard doing some stupid stuff and spent 10 mintues thanking whatever deity made me wear my helmet...

But yours is much more lucky and serious! Glad your alright. Wow, hope you get your monies back also ^.^

Thats entirely too much footage of someone's feet. I like how they were totally unconcerned about the dude firing the rifle. Hay look it blew up, lets go pick up the piece that flew off.

Thats entirely too much footage of someone's feet. I like how they were totally unconcerned about the dude firing the rifle. Hay look it blew up, lets go pick up the piece that flew off.

I lol'd when I read that. That is exactly what I was thinking.

I have a friend with WASR-10. Good guns. I've known people to put 6k or more rounds through them without cleaning. Someone must have really done something to that gun to make it do that. Who did you get it from? If it is any reputable dealer with an FFL then they had a big slip in quality control of their own goods. If you bought it private then thats just bad luck. I wouldn't buy form a private resident myself unless I knew the guy and I have already had range time with the gun.

All of that said i would go back and replace it. AKs are **** good guns and are a lot of fun to shoot. If your state allows it the 7.62 makes a good hunting cartridge too.

^^dude^^
matt..anyone who would put 6000 rounds thru a gun and not clean it is not a gun person.
lol i see that as lazy and they are LUCKY that it hasn't caused them problems yet. put another 2000 rounds thru it and we'll see if the problems have arisen.
you cant treat firearms like that. even in the depth of war 500 rounds w/no clean was considered filthy.

\EDIT:
id like to add....notice the jam the guy had 7 rounds before the 'splosion.
that is a sign of either:
poorly made weapon,
or--
poorly made ammuniton.

2 days ago i purchased a WASR-10 (the Romanian version to an AK-47)

I took it to the shooting range yesterday and after 11 rounds it blew up in my face.

That being said, I still have my eyesight thanks to shooting glasses. When I was aiming the rifle to shoot the 11th shot the whole top of the receiver was blown of the top of the weapon and struck my face, the bolt slammed back, went off track slammed forward, crushing the next round. Gas and fragments from the last round were strewn into the air (mostly my face area)......

So whenever you shoot whatever it may be, use protection...
That and if you are firing a new weapon check the casings afterwards to see if any irregular damage is present. IF you spot any damage to the round, STOP FIRING see a gunsmith.

I had to really think how lucky I was when the range officer came by and said that I had a really good day since I was unhurt. (but this was after he told me that my gun was totaled or in other words "toast")

It sounds like it could have been the bullet that malfuntioned. It good that your alright. Is this your first weapon? First time firing a weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom