Learning New Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

syringe

In Runtime
Any and All,
Has anyone ever just been working on something and working and working and researching and researching and then MIRACULOUSLY it works!!! Just about everyone, I would think.....Well, I'm no great computer guru by any means and sometimes it is tempting to just post the question and not research it at all, but **** when you figure it out by yourself, it's awesome!!! I can't imagine being a pioneer in the early days, doing everything I am learning years later, but for the FIRST time ever.....WOW what a rush!!!! Anyway, like I said, I'm no guru, but when you figure out stuff on your own, even the small stuff, it feels pretty **** good. And thanks, I guess, to all those big guys who constantly say research on your own, read the faqs, and then search the post before you post might actually have something there. thanks....eric

ps...i know that comp don't work on miracles or pfm, it's just a "phrase"

When I started my current job I had very little computer related experience. Nearly every problem was like for me. It was, and still is, very cool to figure something out on your own. Something that I have been discovering, as I work my way through my network+ and A+ study guides, is that I can look back and see why it worked or how I could have done it better.

found this on www.itmanagersjournal.com in an artical about interviewing for it jobs

"A person with a strong knowledge of "the basics" but with no ability to teach themselves never could succeed in a fast-changing profession, at least not without the help of others to continually teach them what they did not know. Conversely, a person knowing nothing but how to teach themselves could always learn what they needed to know in whatever profession they chose, with or without anyone else's assistance. Ergo, the ability to learn independently is more important than the mastery of specific knowledge areas.
"

csamuels said:
"Conversely, a person knowing nothing but how to teach themselves could always learn what they needed to know in whatever profession they chose, with or without anyone else's assistance.

That describes me exactly. And my brother is the same way. We got that trait from my father who can do absolutely everything imaginable. Sadly the only thing my father isn't good with is computers. Which he doesn't need to be because he has my brother and I to do everything for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom