LCD vs. CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I really don't understand with LCD's...I can't use anything below my native resolution...1280*1024. Sure, it looks nice being able to see more on the forum, but sometimes it strains my eyes.

You can use a lower resolution, but it isn't as pretty.

You can always increase the font size.

Trotter said:
You can use a lower resolution, but it isn't as pretty.

You can always increase the font size.

Yep, it's not pretty. Too "up close" I think.

I never thought of the font size, thanks!

You forgot 2 things as bads for LCD:

Black depth. LCD can't do blacks, period. Look at a LCD in a dark room with a black screen, is it black? No, it is a horrid dark grey, this will than reflect poorly on movies and games that are dark as the yard stick for a full black has changed.

Input delay, no not response time, the time it takes for a image to be rendered and then displayed. This equates to about 25ms. THat is 25ms later you will shoot your gun or the picture of a film will be out by 25ms from the sound.

Also, nice warm room with 2 22" CRT's. :p

/I would love 3x 19" LCD screens with a Matrox 3 head 2 go. :(

LCD's are very good for the gamer and a must for a Lan party guy but still a lot of LCD's cant compete with CRT's structure for CAD and other things.

CRT's are also harder on the eyes as well

LCD's are very good for the gamer and a must for a Lan party guy

Are you joking ?

CRT are much better for gaming. The colors look more realistic than LCD. I have a friend of mine who plays games on 1280x1024 on his LCD, but the graphics look much better on my CRT even when I play games at 800x600

though i think CRTs are better for LANning because they can take a beating in transit.

Well, its true they are solid... but some people have to fly to LAN's... and belive me.. its not fun taking a CRT monitor on a plane... I would take the crt if i were to drive but the LCD is much easier when space is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom