LCD HDTVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
How good are these? I have my 20" Panasonic flat screen on eBay for sale now so I'm going to be needing HDTV pretty soon. I prefer anywhere from a 32" to 37" max. It's for a bedroom so I don't need to go bigger into the 40 inchers. I prefer 1080p, but max resolution support would be ok at 1080i. What can the eye see anyways? Can a 1080p resolution be really that good? Isn't Plasma better than LCDTV?

Any brand preference? I prefer not to spend more than $1,000 but at the same time nothing less than $600 because I fear it would be too cheap and poor quality.

Yes, hdtv really is that good. Go to best buy or circuit city and watch a blu-ray disc being played. You can see the light reflecting off peoples eyeballs, and the pores on theyre face, thats how much detail the picture provides, and this is on 720p. Sharp, panasonic, and samsung are among the top. Stay away from westinghouse, or those cheap no name brands. Heard good things about vizio for budget sets.

I just went down to Wal-Mart (gasp!) and a got a Samsung 37 inch 720p set for under 1k. Other than the speakers not being totally great, the tv is sweet. Great picture quality. I almost spent quite a bit more for a 1080p set at Sears, but I seriously don't think it's that much better.

How big is that 37" anyways? Should I just get a 32" instead? It's 5" difference, but at a big cost too. I wonder if that 5" really makes that much of a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom