Law of Attraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the 90 minute video and it was extremely interesting and very inspiring.
Jesus you watched it already?!?! How did you get it so quickly?

I think you have the right idea trotter. They're basically trying to say that whatever goes through your mind is infact the reality you percieve, so yes, say you said to yourself I WANT A RAISE BY THE END OF THE MONTH and focus on it it will supposedly eventually happen

And the more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense. We only use about 10% of the potential of our brain and I've seen hypnosis used first hand so I know how powerful our minds really are

Trotter said:
No thanks. I prefer to be anchored solidly in the here and now.

Could you also consider this thinking as, "Taking one day at a time?"
Because That's what i've tried to do ever since my seperation with my wife 2 years ago and i'll tell you it hasn't help me one bit. (THAT'S ME)

Coming from someone who has suffered from a hand full of anxiety attacks, I can tell you first hand that stress is a killer. I know that stress is a direct result of negative thinking. On the days that i've had those attacks, i've noticed that the actual day seems to be filled with nothing but negative things. And the mind is SO POWERFUL that it tells your body that you are going to die and all heck breaks lose in your body. Even though your body is perfectly healthy and not a problem can be found by a doctor during examination. Believe me i've fought anxiety attacks a few times and the predominant though is, "I'm going to die."

Then wierd things start to happen to your body. Like strange pains and tingles. Like your heart palpatating what seems to be out of control. Cold sweats, shaking and nausia... Inability to walk and maintain balance. It's a totally shut down by your body all because your brain is telling your body to do this. So i've experienced first hand how powerful the brain is. Even with my knowledge of exactly what is happening when it's happening, it's still extremely hard to fight. Sometimes I need a good tranquilizer to combat my brain, most of the time I can fight it myself.

So that being said, that is a negative example of the Law of Attraction. And i'm a firm believer in "Ying and Yang". For every Negative there is a Positive. I've seen how the negatives can effect your mind and body. So the positives, as the movie "Secret" discuss must also be true. And if negatives have a powerful effect on your mind and body, then the positives should also have a powerful effect on your mind and body.

We can't control the past or present, but we can certainly control the future... I'm going to stay positive and live for the future...

QUIT WASTING TIME AND WATCH IT

I just finished watching the entire video, and when (yes, I did this) I looked at my hands, closed my eyes, and imagined I was driving an STI on a windy mountain road, I got the most intense tingly and exhilarating feeling that IÂ’ve only gotten on a few rollercoasters.

That alone sold me on the concept.

Throughout the rest of the film, I tried to apply some of the concepts that the philosophers and physicists were implying and realized they are spot on. For example: last week, I was thrilled that we got our DSL and coming from dialup, I was enjoying my time on DOD:S because I was able to actually play games online. I walked out of my room to get a glass of water, and I could hear my roommate in his bathroom playing guitar. I asked my other roommate what was going on in the bathroom, and he said that he had gone emo. The same situation except backwards happened yesterday. I was mad from getting owned in DOD:S, walked out of my room, and my roommate was also mad because his dad did something incredibly stupid.

This “Law of Attraction” kept his negative emotions away from me when I was happy, and when I was unhappy, the “Law of Attraction” brought us together, just amplifying the negativity because I didn’t want to hear him be emo.

I started school with a strong goal to become a professional photographer, and this video just makes me want to reach it even more becuase I know if I imagine and visualize my goal hard enough and apply myself to it enough, that it will eventually follow through.

This “Law of Attraction” kept his negative emotions away from me when I was happy, and when I was unhappy, the “Law of Attraction” brought us together, just amplifying the negativity because I didn’t want to hear him be emo.
Ehhh, that's not really a good example. So one day you were happy, and one day you were mad......both days he was mad.........I don't give that up to "law of attraction" and it's ability to repel his mad or bring together the bad.

It seems the whole point of "Law of attraction" is that whatever you're thinking, will directly affect you. I think you're using it in a different application.

in the flick, they used a similar example, the husband was unhappy after a day of work, and the wife was enjoying herself elsewhere.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
in the flick, they used a similar example, the husband was unhappy after a day of work, and the wife was enjoying herself elsewhere.

Yeah. I was enjoying his wife elsewhere too. j/k

But, yeah... today I tried to be positive and just generally nice to everyone that I encountered. Holding the door for people, saying hello and how are you more, smiling, thanking people more and just being really happy.

I went to a store to buy some new bedding and I actually left the store and went home and forgot one of my bags. I had thought that I only had two bags, but the guy baggin put the remainder of my stuff in a third bag. So, when I got home about an hour later, I had noticed that I was missing a few things. So I grabbed my receipt and headed back to the store. The whole drive there I kept think to myself that my bag IS GOING TO BE THERE and IT WON'T BE A PROBELM. not once did I think I wouldn't get my bag.

So, The cashier that rang me up wasn't working there at this time, so I went up to a random employee and said, "I believe I left a bag here." The guy said, "Yeah, about an hour ago?" "I said, "yeah about that." He said, "Yeah, I brought it up to the customer service desk and you can go get it." So I said thanks and went there. Sure enough the women said, "yeah here it is." Then she said, "You're very lucky." I said why? She said, "Normally when people forget bags at the cashier, they tend to disappear." I was like WTF? And left the store.

Now, I've forgot bags before and always gone back may-be a few minutes later and gotten them. And I don't know how LUCKY? I really was this time... But, It does kinda seem wierd that the women was like, "You're very lucky." As I guess the store has shady people working there or something?

But, yeah... I don't know how much the Law of Attraction worked for me today... But, hey... I was positive all day and it seems things did work out pretty good. Well, almost everything... The Met's lost to the cardinals which really stinks.. but they WILL WIN TOMORROW!!!

Thats a good start.

Personally I like Trotters view the best. I actually have MDD (try not to tease me for it, I still have it some) and one of the things they make you work on in therapy is positive thinking, which hasn't really worked for me, but then my brain chemistry is different so consider me an outlyer. Anyways, Havoc you said you were being as nice as you could? Being positive toward people is more effective than than just positive thinking EVER has for me. Thats when people return the favor and most of the time other people can get to you deeper than you can. The thinking helps yeah, but what you do is even better and really this isn't a new theory.

Excellent movie.

You should really watch it.

They make it all make so much sense, it all seems so clear.

Really opens up ALOT of new doors.

Sending this to my sister in college see what she thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom