Latest Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gona go folding crazy. I'll fold on my dads pc, my pc get myself a nice QX6850, and on my ps3, my dads laptop, my laptop, sisters pc, sisters laptop, sisters ps3 :)

Thats...34 cores averaging about 2.3 ghz. Yummy.

The problem is i don't even know what you guys are onabout, what do you mean about your ranks and crap, is there a TF folding thing, how do i join ?

I think your been missing alot of information.

Our team number is 12864
Your user name will be exactly how it is shown on these forums.
And here is the website I use for F@H statistics.
Tech-Forums - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

Once my Q6600 gets rolling at max clock my PDD will be around 2,200 + points.
And unfortunatly KMan, if your really into the competitive side, you would need 5+ machines running the non SMP Client 24/7 to get around 1,500 or more PDD.

But we certainly apreciate the contribution..

So for windows what would be better? the Graphical Version or the Command line version with no gfx?

If im not mistaken,hopefully not, would it be possible to fold twi things at once? eg. i get a ATI GFX card and fold on that and Fold using a CPU on the same PC? BTW STE how many PC's r u folding on?

It really depends on the Processor and how long the computer will on for.

If its a newer Dual or quad core intel you Will want the SMP text only console. Version 5.91

If its an old single core or low end AMD X2 then its better to have the normal non SMP text only client.

If you have a GPU capable of running the video card client, then by all means go ahead.

well on the pc im folding on that i use to dl/ul all day is on mostly all day its a P4 Northwood 3.31Ghz, so would i be better off runing the text only client? and if i increase the priority increase my folding speed? eg going into task manager and changing FaHcore.exe and WinFaH to high? also would a x1950XT run Folding@home? if so then i will just get this pc a x2950xt since my gf usually games on this.

BTW does a Q6600 fold quicker than a PS3? atm I have mine on Advanced mode

well on the pc im folding on that i use to dl/ul all day is on mostly all day its a P4 Northwood 3.31Ghz, so would i be better off runing the text only client? and if i increase the priority increase my folding speed? eg going into task manager and changing FaHcore.exe and WinFaH to high? also would a x1950XT run Folding@home? if so then i will just get this pc a x2950xt since my gf usually games on this.

BTW does a Q6600 fold quicker than a PS3? atm I have mine on Advanced mode

For Single core processors you will want to run the Text only non SMP Client.
The original text only client that is.

As for your video cards, they will fold faster than most single cores will. So if you care about points you should stick the GPU Client on the machines that can handle it instead of the CPU Clients.

And A Q6600 absolutely molestes a PS3. Especially when overclocked.

lol@molesting hopefully they release the Folding@home Client 1.3 for PStripple that will supposedly increase Folding efficiency by up to 40%

Ste said:
And A Q6600 absolutely molestes a PS3. Especially when overclocked.
Now there's a word picture for you.

The GPU client gets it done pretty well, but not as good as the SMP client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom