Laguna Beach!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
OMFG, does anyone watch this show? It is so brilliant. I mean, the whole concept is so original and refreshing and makes me soooo nostalgic for high school! If you don't watch this show, youre missing a real gem, honest to goodness.
Seriously though folks, does anyone watch this show? My sisters watch it a lot and I have seen a few episodes and I rip it something fierce (lol, boy does that piss them off). One thing I insist upon--and something I truly believe but don't actually know--is that the show is scripted and the "real" kids are actors. My sisters aren't buying it, but theyre dumb--I think it's fake but haven't seen enough of it to know for sure. Can anyone tell me that this show is for real fake (please please). I'd love to ruin it for them (I'm such a bastard, but its for their own good), eh who am I kidding they'll still watch it. But it's fake I tell ya!!! right?

I don't know for sure either (the following comments are pure speculation) but I think the show is scripted. For one, the camera angles they get on the show are not typical reality TV angles. You don't have the cameraman running and chasing people down or anything like that. The camera is always stationary and has the perfect angle in every scene. Also, the conversations seem scripted. For instance, a girl will walk up to her friend in the store and go "Ok so I heard you and <insert name> hooked up last night. Is that true?". That would never happen in real life, a girl would never ask her friend that on some shopping trip in a store in public, she would wait until they were in private or something. She also wouldn't just randomly bring it up, she would probably wait until it was brought up, or at least try to squeeze it in somewhere. So in my opinion, the show is scripted. Once again though, that is pure speculation, I have heard nothing to back that up.

I live in Laguna Beach and went to school with those kids so they are real and not actors. Some parts have been acted out because they happened before the show was filmed.

I thought it was ok, they seemed to be very boring. I wish they would follow the crazy kids around so you can see what really happens in this town.

I wasn't really friends with them because they were a year or two behind me so i can't say what they are really like. When Kristen came from Chicago she seemed kind of calm but that soon changed as you can see.

If you have any questions let me know.

Well, I have taken a few mass communication classes in school and had several speakers from many networks one of which was from mtv. The MTV speaker stressed everything on tv is scripted...EVERYTHING!!!! She went into great detail on much work is put into different shows to make them seem real. That paticular show was metioned but the way she stressed everyhting leads to believe its scripted!

I think it sucks. All reality shows suck. Especially fear factor, " ok if you eat this giant pile of cow sh*t you will go to the next round, but you'll eventually loose because your a girl, only guys win this ok?"
spare me

Also, the conversations seem scripted. For instance, a girl will walk up to her friend in the store and go "Ok so I heard you and hooked up last night. Is that true?". That would never happen in real life, a girl would never ask her friend that on some shopping trip in a store in public, she would wait until they were in private or something. She also wouldn't just randomly bring it up, she would probably wait until it was brought up, or at least try to squeeze it in somewhere

The camera angle thing was very apparent to me as well. I, however, do think girls would talk like that in the middle of the street, haha. Okok, so the kids might be "real" I still think the show is highly scripted like someone already mentioned.

Yes the show is highly scripted but many of the situations were/are real. The website tells you what they tried to do with the show so if you read that you will understand it better.

I still see kristen driving around now and then but i haven't seen any of the other cast members. I will probably see some of them when they come home from college. I saw my brothers year book and Kristen and some of the other members graduated this year so i doubt there will be more than 1 season left, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom