Kind of new here....transplant from another computer forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind staying loyal to a forum, but when the site itself are constantly experiencing technical problems, well, that doesn't make it fun for anyone anymore. It's been going on there since late last year.

There are a whole lot of subforums here than the one I'm use to. So I'll be navigating around getting myself familiarize with people and interests.

After being here for 5 years, I can say that not too many of the older members (especially those who have been around since tech forums's inception) have stuck around....... people's lives do change, after all...... although, I still think Dave (DmO) posts from time to time.

In case anyone's curious:

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Wow, now I see how Tech-Forums first started out. Retro! :happy:

Well, I got sick and tired of another computer forum (computerforums.org) always crashing on me. It's not just me, but other members there are complaining as well. Some senior members have left there for other forums and I fear I'm going that route too after being a senior member there for 3+ years. I don't know if they migrated over here or not, but I got fed up with all the stupid DB errors, white screens, slow access time, etc. and decided to come on here more on a full time basis.

I haven't posted on here for a long time and I don't even know if my profile was still active all this time until I decide to logon. Believe it or not, I completely forgot my username and password.

The other forum looks very similar to this one and also use vBulletin too so I'm not completely lost.

Haha, lol--I'm looking at my sig now and all that is there brings back memories. First, I don't even have that car anymore and since then, my PC has been upgraded, along with a new laptop. Lots of things happened within the last year or two.

As I am semi-new here, remind me if I violate any forum rules in regards to signatures, avatars, etc. The other one I was on didn't have custom sigs and no custom avatar was allowed.

Hey I'm new here as well and came from CF, I remember you! I used to post as troy over there, now I'm here. So far I like it here.

Lol, I remember your last post on how you were quitting. I didn't say anything over there, but I don't plan on going back there for awhile. At least here, it's fast and from what I see, a lot more active members.

I registered a long time ago though, but it gives false meaning since I'm not a regular on here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom