kind of interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
A guy i work with today he is a high end network engineer, who knows nothing about desktop, was like if you help me build a computer, i will teach you everything i know. So i asked him what he wanted, he wanted the best of everything no matter what it cost. we were at newegg.com and he immediately went to the bottom of every page and selected the most expensive verything lol. picked th most expensive athlon fx55, duel geforce 6800 ultra SLI, all kinds of crap. Came out to about 3000 bucks. So afterwards i asked him what he was usin the pc for, oh and he got 4 gigs of ram. he said he was using it as a home entertainment center, NO GAMES< lol. thats just crazy, buyin all that and only using it to watch dvds on your tv and use it as a stereo

What a retard! Just because the y are the most expensive, doesn't meant that they have the best performance!:rolleyes:

Just because the y are the most expensive, doesn't meant that they have the best performance!
well it is true most of the time, but not all the time.
an Opteron 850 for example (which costs about $3000 aus) has a lot of processing power, better than any other commercially available CPU, but would not give great GAMING performance
1. since it is designed for servers
2. games do not take advantage of 2-way processing let alone 8-way processing (the 850 is an 8 way processor)

Tajahem, lol no i dont hope to learn something, i am teaching him how to build a pc. I just find it hard to believe that a person who has been a network engineer for over 20 years who makes over 100k a year,,,,, to not know how to build a desktop.He can pull open a router or a pbx and tell me exactly what each component is, but when i start talking about the northbridge n stuff, he is totally lost. lol i dunno, i just figured it would be an interesting forum topic

Yeah im not surpised. Once your older and have a decent career, its not very hard to afford such things. But the fact he dident know anything about hardware is a little weird, although hes a software guy.

Today he asked me if i know anything about vapochill. and he also changed his case, now he is thinkin bout gettin that heatpipe encrusted zalman quiet case that costs a rediculous amount of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom