Kimbo Slice knocked out in 14 seconds?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with mak, he didnt get owned or anything.

It was nothing but a show to make money, he clearly did not put up a fight at all. I did box a while back and have taken some basic martial arts courses, and i know what i saw.

I agree with mak, he didnt get owned or anything.

It was nothing but a show to make money, he clearly did not put up a fight at all. I did box a while back and have taken some basic martial arts courses, and i know what i saw.

Getting knocked to the ground and hit in the face about 15 times in less then 15 secs, if thats not getting owned then I dont know what is. You know why he didnt put up a fight? because he was rocked a almost completely out, look at Jared Shaws face/reaction whenever Kimbo was getting owned he saw his ashc ow getting owned and he was ****ed about it.

Seth actually came out and said that EliteXC and Jared Shaw approached him before hand and offered to pay him more if he kept the fight standing and didnt take Kimbo to the ground (Kimbos huge weakness) EliteXC are taking MMA on the dark path that help lead to the demise of boxing IMO.

It was fake man, just get over it.

This stuff happens all the time, its how big media corporations make money.

Kimbo was a tool, and they used him. They made him rise to the top from nothing, fighting against unknowns and then out of nowhere, someone who matters shut him down.

If you ever watch boxing, you would know that 15 successive hits to the face in a row is nothing....a real fighter can take those hits, get up and keep fighting. And when you throw multiple blows in a combo like that, each one gets weaker...they were not all power punches.

^someone who matters???????
I bet about 4 people in the audience knew who Seth was, he was a can that they were 100 percent sure Kimbo would kill standing.

If you ever watch boxing, you would know that 15 successive hits to the face in a row is nothing....a real fighter can take those hits, get up and keep fighting. And when you throw multiple blows in a combo like that, each one gets weaker...they were not all power punches.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life, let me see you take 15 shots to the face from him and see if your still fighting back, have you seen an MMA fight???? All it takes is one hit in the right spot and your down, take a lok at fights such as Shonie Carter v Matt Serra, early Chuck Liddell fights. One jab can take you down.

A real fighter can take 15 shots to the face huh? Liddel, Jardine, Crocop, Silva, etc all have been knocked down or out with one hit to the face. Like I said earlier take a look back at the Silva v Jardine fight it went down almost the same way.

Im not a trained fighter so no im not gonna take 15 hits to the face and stay standing...but i have boxed and taken some nice hard punches in my division (light heavyweight 190+ pounds) and knocked a couple guys out...so i dont need to hear you insulting me and saying its the stupidest thing you ever heard in your life.

Kimbo wasnt a fighter, he was a tool and used....end of story.

^Yea Kimbo was a tool, but not the kind your saying he is.

Kimbo Slice is EliteXC's poster boy, Kimbo is what people tune into see, how many people do you hear talk about AAs win or Jake shields win???

Kimbo losing is a horrible thing for EXC, its even worse because he was beat by a nobody. You honestly think that EXC told Kimbo to lose to Seth???? A light heavyweight fighter who would get destroyed by any top 20 LHW in any company???

Ultimate Fighter Forum / Kimbo Slice versus Seth Petruzelli GIF

that thread there is a gif of the fight, Kimbo get hit on his way in by a short right to the jaw that he didn't see coming, then followed up with a barrage & his legs stiffened up & wasn't defending himself. When your bare knuckle or wearing 5 ounce gloves all it takes is one shot from a good striker.

Amazing thing to me is that Petruzelli is really a 205lb fighter, he's been in the UFC before and a pretty good striker.

Kimbo is overrated because he's a cash cow, has a story and an image that makes it easy for him to get fans. He is not a joke but he's far from a top fighter too, he did beat former boxing champ Ray Mercer and looked good on his feet with him during the limited time they stood up.

YouTube - Kimbo Slice vs. Ray Mercer (FULL FIGHT)

I've always been more of a UFC fan than an Elite xc fan myself though.

Also trained fighter or not, you dont train to get hit in the face.

Being able to land a blow is important, but so is being able to take one.

Thats why they train on light bags, heavy bags, speed bags.

The light bag is where its at....makes your fist hard from the repeated impact, its almost like hitting a wall. Heavy bag is softer and bigger, and wears you out more, feels more like youre hitting a person.

In the same way taking repeated strikes to the body builds up an endurance...it hurts but it works.

^thanks for the link, it only takes one shot to put you down. You put any boxer in the cage with these guys and they wont be taking no 15 unanswered punches and still be standing, idc who your are it is not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom