the killswitch bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

killswitch

Beta member
the killswitch bot

Hello all,

I'm not really sure if anyone will be interested but I thought I would try to get some feedback anyways. The site: www.killswitchcollective.com. We are a small design studio, just the 2 of us, and we are in Chicago. We are currently teaching a new Flash/PHP/AIML bot we developed on our site to talk with potential clients and tech geeks alike.
He is growing smarter each day.

So when you have a minute any feedback is welcome on the bot or the site.

Thanks everyone!
Ben
www.killswitchcollective.com

Thanks we appreciate it, yeah we are in the process of bringing some of the point sizes up on the text. Thanks again!

Ben

i've had some experience in graphic design, flash, and websites. I am going to be brutally honest with you because this is the same way i was treated while learning website design.

my honest opinion is that your concept of typography is comepletely wrong. the layout of the main page is a good start but looks unfinished because not enough detail is put into it.

the experimental works is ... well i don't want to be rude, but there really isnt a nice way to put it: the graphics are a joke. they look like a n00bie experimenting with some cheap filters and it looks to me like you spent about 60 seconds on each image.

the flash preloader animation was nice, but the way the boring orange and grey theme is used throughout the design does not catch my attention, if i was a casual viewer i would have taken one look at the intro page and moved on without seeing the main page.

and lastly i am on 1024x768 and i am getting horizontal scroll bars, not a good thing. since this is more of an artistic website i would overlook the 800x600 pixel requirement.

in summary, i would give it a 3 out of 10 becuase its unfinished, graphics lack any creativity, potentially good layout ideas, and decent flash work , but nothing really original or eye catching

We are sorry you feel that way. I can assure you we spent a lot more time on the site and especially on the experimentals than you seem to understand. But, this is a subjective field and we understand your critical nature. Hmm.

Ben

Too be honest the introduction page is a bit dull perhaps you could fill it up a bit more, perhaps trying some different colours. Also agreeing with Ã…nubis, the text is a little small. Otherwise keep up the good work. Oh and i think it would be better if you really showed your group bigger like filling up the white space in the top with the name of your studio so it catches peoples eyes. You can only get better :)

the website is distastefully slow, infact it is still trying to load and im on highspeed cable and a fast PC. if it wasnt for TF, i wouldve left long ago...still waiting for it to load...but the intro screen is a bit GAH for a company that does that feild of work...lets try refreshing it to see if it wants to try it again...still slow as hell...im approaching the giving up stage...and its only at the n of one momeNt please...still there...

ok im done...i give up, im giving this a poor, poor ranking...sorry.

the preloader looks nice, but gets a little tiresome after 10 mins...

Nice site but my $.02 is that your text needs to be more contrasted with its background. It is hard to read right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom