Kid smoked marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
grego said:
Well, first I happen to come across it. Then, I saw DJ-CHRIS' statment that, "all illegal drugs and legal drugs (used inapproperatly) are very stupid." If you read his previous post in this thread you will see that this current statement includes weed. So, I brought this thread back up to ask him the question that I did. It sounded like one of his main reasons that weed is "very stupid" is because its illegal. Well, in some countries, it's as legal as alcohol. I was wondering how he would address that issue. Good enough explanation?

Edit: Also, I don't see the harm in brining up an old ass thread if I'm addressing a member that is still active.

Legaliity has nothing to do with my descisions on this subject. I actually think leglization would be a good idea.

thebleakness said:

This is just going to turn into another druggie thread like the last one about how smoking was bad. We should just stop now.

Your probably right, it's certainly not going anywhere right now. DJ-CHRIS probably won't even see it, oh well. Funny how you posted again right after you said that though :p.

Edit: haha, nvm.

Its seems like quite a few people here do drugs...I didn't know that. 7 out of 10 doing drugs...that seems a little bit too little. At my high school in Oklahoma City, it was more like 9 out of 10. They even storted coke in the back of the classroom and the teacher didn't say anything.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Legaliity has nothing to do with my descisions on this subject. I actually think leglization would be a good idea.

Ahhh... after re-reading your original post... maybe I associated your parenthesis wrong? It looked to me that you said all illegal drugs, including weed, are very stupid? Or maybe you think weed is stupid, but realize that legalizing it would solve a lot of problems? I'm still a little lost. Could you explain a little?

The legalization of marijuana, simply put, would allow quality control of the drug. It also kind of goes with the "If its illegal, i'm gonna rebel and do it because i'm cool" ideology.

I think a lot of the reason that alcohol is set as high as it is is due to the "maturity" thing... which is bogus. They think that you can measure an abstract concept such as "maturity" with a quantitive scale such as age, then, well, I don't know.. Its about 2:30, i'm tired, and not making much sense.

grego said:
Ahhh... after re-reading your original post... maybe I associated your parenthesis wrong? It looked to me that you said all illegal drugs, including weed, are very stupid? Or maybe you think weed is stupid, but realize that legalizing it would solve a lot of problems? I'm still a little lost. Could you explain a little?

All illegal drugs are stupid*
Smoking is just as stupid if not more stupid than minor drugs (pot)

However alot of people smoke pot just because it's illegal. I believe it would be less popular in the long run.

Also on the illegal vs legal topic of it.
-When it's illegal you get the shady as hell people getting involved. Gangs run the trade of drugs. Just not good stuff.

-When these shady people run the trade, 50% (+-10%) gets laced with stuff like bleach, windex and rat posion. You sometimes get some larger dealers putting crack in it as well.

-Like smoking cigerette's, people will relize they are dumb for doing it and stop, or at least the next generation will hopefully not.

Honestly, I don't hate these things in themselves, such as alcohol, marijuana. What I hate with a passion is how the prime reason everybody does them is to "be cool" and "fit in." I know my peers call me terrible names because I don't drink, and tease me continually about it. And like I said, I don't know anybody who doesn't drink, and when I ask them why they do it, they give me one of two answers. They are "everybody does it" or "it makes you a man." Neither answer is a good one in my opinion. Im still thinking about getting drunk once just to prove to them that I can, but if I do it once, it wouldn't stop there, they would pressure me into doing it more and more until I was an alcoholic like them.

Of course there are other reasons people do these things, but usually they start it to "be cool" then the discover the buzz it gives you and refuse to stop.

beedubaya said:
Honestly, I don't hate these things in themselves, such as alcohol, marijuana. What I hate with a passion is how the prime reason everybody does them is to "be cool" and "fit in." I know my peers call me terrible names because I don't drink, and tease me continually about it. And like I said, I don't know anybody who doesn't drink, and when I ask them why they do it, they give me one of two answers. They are "everybody does it" or "it makes you a man." Neither answer is a good one in my opinion. Im still thinking about getting drunk once just to prove to them that I can, but if I do it once, it wouldn't stop there, they would pressure me into doing it more and more until I was an alcoholic like them.

Of course there are other reasons people do these things, but usually they start it to "be cool" then the discover the buzz it gives you and refuse to stop.

Wow, when I was in College, it was perfectly acceptable to not drink or smoke weed, etc. There was a few times where me and my class would go out, and I wouldnt drink because I had to drive home or had to work the next day, and it didnt make a difference with everyone :confused:

I wonder if thats a result of the school I went to, the programs I took, or the people I associated with...

These days, I never smoke pot (I think the last time I did was like 3 years ago), and I rarely drink more than a beer or so. Somehow, I prefer a clear mind than a clouded one...

Elbatrop1 said:

These days, I never smoke pot (I think the last time I did was like 3 years ago), and I rarely drink more than a beer or so. Somehow, I prefer a clear mind than a clouded one...

And tommorow it is 2 years since I have touched it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom