KAWASAKI NINJA 250R or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to a local community college, they should have the MSF (motorcycle safety course) sign up, pay. and learn to ride. it will cover your written and riding portion of the test. then you go get your license.

they will give you a bike to learn to ride on. so dont worry about that.

only have experience on a dirt bike.... are street bikes all MT, or are there AT's out there? I prefer Manually tranny... On the dirt bikes we ride shifting is done with the left foot.... I think... man... shoot, it's been almost 3 years since I have been on a dirt bike... :(

i know alot of people who can ride but they are more into harleys and what not
im going to get one of them to teach me and what not
i dont really have time to do a class for it but that would be a good idea if i could

only have experience on a dirt bike.... are street bikes all MT, or are there AT's out there? I prefer Manually tranny... On the dirt bikes we ride shifting is done with the left foot.... I think... man... shoot, it's been almost 3 years since I have been on a dirt bike... :(

I don't think there was ever a auto tranny motorcycle that was produced for the US...

Yes, shift on the left, rear brake on the right. front brake on the right handle bar and clutch on the left handle bar.

the 250 you rode I would assume was a 2 stroke.

the ninja they are reffering to is most likely a twin cylinder 4 stroke.

I've been riding motorcycles/dirtbikes since I was four and if you are just learning to ride a bike on the street than I would say that the Kawasaki 250 would be the best bet for you. It will be easy to learn on and then get used to, and once you're ready you can step up to a larger bike.
Following mgcook's advice, taking a motorcycle safety riding course is one of the best things you can do as well.

fade2black,

How big are you???

Just wondering, because you're going to need to be able to fit on the bike.

Personally, I'm 6'6", 300 lbs, so when I was looking for my first bike, I was looking for a 600. I ended up buying an 81 Suzuki GS850 (cruiser) to learn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom