Katrina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look after your own back yard first!!!

I feel that G.W.Bush is not doing enough.

Like with the Tsunami, no one could see it coming.

As for Katrina, they could see that coming as for those people that could leave did leave. However you still had the people that could not leave as there was no where else to go. And just the fact there was not enough supplies just in the Super Bowl Stadium (after they told every one to go there as a last resort) just proves that.

Also the delays on getting troop in to help restore order was crazy too. One of these delays is that a lot of the troops are over in the middle east.

G.W.Bush seems to be more interested in the stuff in the middle east as appose to the problems that are in his own back yard.

I am no peace loving hippy, however I do feel that it's time that the G.W starts bring the boy home as there are problems that are happening locally.

Now if some of the mods do not like what I am posting here, feel free to delete this post.

ill second that... but we still need some troops over in ME... but yea i definitly say bring some back here to help your own people

I think it's mainly b/c they were poor man. They had no method of getting out. Supposedly, it's mostly poor black people that were stuck. All the pictures I've seen are of black people. I am sure everyones noticed that?

Yeah, that's basically what I've seen too...as for the class seperation that's why its called 'the big easy'....for those that's rich of course

I feel that G.W.Bush is not doing enough.

Like with the Tsunami, no one could see it coming.

As for Katrina, they could see that coming as for those people that could leave did leave. However you still had the people that could not leave as there was no where else to go. And just the fact there was not enough supplies just in the Super Bowl Stadium (after they told every one to go there as a last resort) just proves that.

Also the delays on getting troop in to help restore order was crazy too. One of these delays is that a lot of the troops are over in the middle east.

G.W.Bush seems to be more interested in the stuff in the middle east as appose to the problems that are in his own back yard.
Frankly who gives a crap about the politics of it....relief is being sent, everything that can possibly be done IS being done, I think well over $2 million has already been raised.

Regardless of what you say about 'GWB not doing enough' as far as I've seen on the news he got into gear and started sending relief as soon as it was feasible to even enter that fvcked up area.

I will agree though that the crap over in the middle east and this "WE'LL GIVE THEM DEMOCRACY" attitude needs to go...frankly I can't wait to see what our next president is like...I'm tired of all this useless wartime efforts

well i tell you this much we in Greenville,Texas have alot of people from the dallas super dome coming we already have like 200 people still more to come. there all in the hunt Country Fair grounds for know. So who knows whats going to happen i know thats there not letting people out of there,.

The fact of the matter is...regardless of knowing that a hurricane is coming, theres no way to tell how exactly powerful it is and how it'll effect a city until it hits..."He should have prepared" HE DID, that's why people were at the super dome...sorry to say it but it was all the poor people who stayed behind that are getting hurt...you know what the main cause of all this destruction was?

Their Levys were flooded and broke causing the majority of the flooding...there were times when it went to CONGRESS to repair and update the levys and congress voted NO, CONGRESS DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESIDENT IN THOSE SITUATIONS....so if you want to blame someone, Blame congress....they voted to not have the levys fixed which inevitably lead to the majority of the flooding...preperations were done for people to go to the super dome, and evacuation was called for...that's about all you CAN freakin do...so for all you people who are sitting there, especially across the globe and getting god knows what kind of news and saying that GW Bush didn't do enough need to look at the entire situation.

I'm not super-advocate for bush by any means, but fuggin aye all this "ITS GWBs FAULT! HE DIDNT DO ENOUGH" is really tiresome...it's a freakin natural disaster people....no one could have ultimately foreseen most of those consequences.

People were evacuated before the hurricane
Relief was sent AFTER the hurricane ASAP...so wtf is the problem?

Well. I'd rather this not become a bash Bush thread, since inevitably someone will close it :(.

The levy system was supposed to handle only a category 3 event I believe. Where as Katrina was category 4 or 5. I haven't read up on the background on this whole levy system to comment on who's fault it was. But I think I remember hearing somewhere that they expected a significant hit like once in 300 years or some crap like that. Might be why no one gave a shit about it. Just their luck I guess.

All I'll say is that it "would" have been nice for the citizens if so many soldiers were not overseas. And also if the US didn't have such a huge financial burden due to the Iraq war.

Wasnt the levee that failed, at least not at first, the thing that flooded the city was the 17th street canal floodwall, which is about 2 feet thick made of slabs of concrete, the water from the storm surge went right over the top and knocked a big section of it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom