just venting off some steam....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
Military is THE BEST experince you can ever have in your life.

I agree, ex military should have a good deal getting into a job. It shows that you can follow orders, you know responsibility and many other things. It's also a good thing to put on your brag sheet.

Oh, and I know for a fact that some employers try to weed out the tenacious from the not so driven people. Keep applying or keep calling constantly for a job position, even if they turn you down 300 times. Call back weekly or even daily, they will think...wow, this person wants this position.

P.P. Mguire said:
If you do that then you will seem like your begging. That is not good at all to the ppl.

It shows persistence dude...believe me. Alot of people I know have had to do that and the currently have very good jobs.

well it's good to be persistent while you're waiting for them to get off their fat asses and review your resume, but after they've rejected you, you're just becoming annoying, methinks.

anyways, i'll keep looking. i thought that an army experience would open a lot of doors for me but when it comes down to it, it's the cliched "who you know, not what you know." proof of that being the fact that when i was in Greece i found two jobs in a month because i knew people who helped me get in. here in Chicago i hardly know anyone except my gf and that's killing me.

kostas said:
anybody else ever had so much trouble with finding a job in IT?
For about 2 years, I was trying to look around for another IT Job as the one that I had at the time sucked.

And all the jobs that I was kicked back from because :-
1. I was under qualified / under experienced.
2. I was over qualified and I would get bored or not like the job.

I hated that Over Qualified Excuse. It's like "HEY, we could of employeed you, but we won't as we can get some one else in cheaper for the same job"

Anything stopping you from starting your own business?

Re: Re: just venting off some steam....

Harper said:
[BAnything stopping you from starting your own business? [/B]

well, the lack of business knowledge. i just don't have it in me. i've thought abut it plenty of times but when it comes to the business aspect of it, i just wouldn't be able to do it.

on the oter hand, it'd be a good idea becaue i won't have any dumbass over my head all the time.

when it comes to making money in this world, and you're poor, it's a lose-lose situation

How close to Naperville are you?

Are you familiar with Route 59? I'll get you a job at best buys geeksquad if you are having this much trouble my friend. Although Greece is definately a better idea.

It's not what you know, but who you know.

Which totally sucks if you are new to an area and don't have a lot of friends. People who have grown up there will get the job even if they don't have any knowledge about the particular job they are applying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom