just venting off some steam....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

In Runtime
i came back from serving in the army in July and since then i've been looking for a job but have been unsuccesful.

why? because everyone is looking for experience. then what the f*** did I spend 5 years of my life and $35,000 off my pocket to get a f***ing degree for? how the f*** am I supposed to get professional experience if noone will give me the chance?

I've had a few people call me, do interviews and then say no. i even took a drug test for Microcenter to be a sales person (yes I stooped that low) but they haven't called me yet. the lady that interviewed me doesn't work there anymore!!!

now I am looking for any dead-end job so I can have income as my $200 a month from unemployment isn't cutting it, and for them I am OVER-QUALIFIED!!!!

i just wanna say that life sucks. i'm gonna go back home to Greece and become a farmer!!!

P.S. don't take this as a complaint that i can't find a job. just wanna let off some steam cause these people piss me off. anybody else ever had so much trouble with finding a job in IT?

A person with a military record has a problem finding a job, that sucks :(

And how long and what did you do in the army?

And you give those assholes the freedom to be able to deny you from a job. What have they ever done for their country, you risked your life for THEM, and they wont even hire you. Military is THE BEST experince you can ever have in your life.

Well, around here, I have my A+ Certification and it totally blows my mind how people would rather hire somebody because they are a drinking buddy rather than somebody who knows what they are doing with computers. They are even like "All we want is the right person, knowledge doesn't matter, we can train you."

I know I would rather have an A+ Certified technician working for me than an alcoholic, but appearantly the people here think differently.

I know for a fact I am going to have to move elsewhere after I get a degree because it seems like all people care about around here is alcohol and who you drink with, and the only place to meet people here is in the bars.

Meh be happy you can look for a job, last time i searched with in 30 miles of my home there was no job worth my time, all the "jobs" are on farms working with cattle, and i hate cows >_< Oh and the farmers only pay $5 an hour.

yeah but when you're 16 $5 is better than nothin...hell, when I was 16 it was impossible to find a job...they don't want to hire you unless you're 17 on the verge of 18...or unless you're a hot chick in which they'll let you work in fast food.

Well i dont know if you live in Chicago as thing says. But if you do i know what you mean as far as that goes. Its getting very bad there as far as finding a job, that one is not Over Qualifed in that area most people that have a Degree are Having problems becuase the Companies want to help people that dont have a degree or that are going for one to help them out. And it sucks very much and is very unfair.

yes right now i am in Chicago and you're right, it's hard as hell to find anything. i'm currently studying for the A+ and the Network+ with the hopes of increasing my chances of getting a technician job anywhere... what a shame. and i was promised by my university that the first year after i graduate i'd be making 49 G's a year. yea right......

kostas said:
yes right now i am in Chicago and you're right, it's hard as hell to find anything. i'm currently studying for the A+ and the Network+ with the hopes of increasing my chances of getting a technician job anywhere... what a shame. and i was promised by my university that the first year after i graduate i'd be making 49 G's a year. yea right......

Don't worry about money too much man.. At least for about 6 months.. Work for free if you have to. Tell them, "if you are not sure about me, try me out for a couple of months and just pay for my transportation".. It's the experience that matters.

Your university didn't have internships during ur education?..

If you have a degree is computers from a university, getting a A+ is not going to help you much. Unless you want to be a repair guy or something. Use your time to get some experience.. Any experience. Maybe the army will take you back in an IT capacity? (in the US) Did you explore that?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom