Just saw avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
And I must say, WOW, great movie. When I first saw the trailers I thought it would be a movie I normally wouldn't like, but the rest of my family was going to see it so I thought why not... In the end glad I saw it.

One of the better movies I've seen in the last year. I think I may go back and watch it again lol, this time without 3D.

I saw it last night in 3D, and it wasn't too bad. Wasn't the greatest, but wasn't bad either.

One thing I didn't like was that it degraded the quality a bit I think... I'm not a big 3D fan... I probably would have rather just seen the normal version. Good movie none the less though. :)

I also saw this movie in 3D the other night. I agree with you guys, not bad, not great. 3D was kinda cool, but more annoying than good. I liked the story line though. not a bad movie at all

Visually it was the most stunning movie I have seen in a long time. I felt 3D made it more richer. No crazy 3D tricks just added a nice depth to it.

Agreed with Hef on the 3D aspect. It made it more immersive, it didn't try to "pop" things out at you (except for a few times), it just made it pull you into the story more.

Visually it was the most stunning movie I have seen in a long time. I felt 3D made it more richer. No crazy 3D tricks just added a nice depth to it.

I think the films saving grace was the 3D, it was out of this world. I think the actual film was nothing special and more should have been made of the story instead of imo concentrating on the 3D.

If you've ever seen another movie with 3D, then you would know Avatar's 3D was not "annoying". It was actually used consistently throughout the whole movie.

If you're just not a fan of 3D (can't say I really care about it), that's fine, but in comparison to past 3D movies... well, there really is no comparison.

Honestly, anyone who speaks badly about this movie is just one of those people who refuse to jump on the bandwagon. You can hate all hollywood films, but you simply have to appreciate the revolutionary steps made to produce this film.

Completely agree... I felt the storyline was a bit predictable (as with a lot of films..) but the visual aspect of the movie was stunning. I want to go see it again lol

i really really do not want to see this movie. i'd bet i get dragged in somehow.

reasons:
too much hype
trailer doesn't really make it seem interesting to me. ok, blue ppl hopping around doing things; whoopidoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom