This is just sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe your refering to the Amber Alert when your saying "Aber". Anyways just recently a father had left with his daughter and was out of communication for almost a week. Well with all the tips given the daughter was safetly returned home and the father was also captured in the woods only a few hundred yards from my house.

Thankfully something like this was issued. The guy had some small criminal records but was on relay from other mental issues regarding the divorce as well as child custody.

Amber Alert is stupid as ****, it has gotten to the point where they no longer issue an alert till like 24 hours later, or if they don't think there is an danger to the child lost.... I think there should be an internation alert system, then a national one with laws requiring alerts to be sent on all broad cast channels and radio stations. Anyways, ****, here, I see 30 some year olds going out with 16 year olds, yet I am 18 and hang out with a 14 year old female and am called a pervert, yet her body and mind is much more mature than any of the girls my own age. Thank fully no one calls me a pedophile yet.... And every day it goes through my mind while I am at the skate park and I see a kid fall, I think of helping her or him up and then go on, but am scared to do so because of all the reactions I would get, being called a pedophile and such... It is sickening to see how this world is turning out to be.

If an alert was let off before 24 hours you know how many would be false? How many incorrect arrests, charges, court cases, etc. there would be? I agree with the time. Someone could simply be sleeping over at someones house, parent forgets and wa la a false amber alert is out.

Amber Alert being stupid? I hope that comment was a complete joke. The success rate of kids and kidnappers found is very high. Yes sometimes they might be found dead but i'm with 100% certainty that parents rather give them a proper burial rather then rotting off somewhere.

Now without this most people would not be aware of the situation till days maybe weeks later when the news finally gets ahold of the kidnapping. If only 1 child were saved by this its still completly worth it.

If a child was drowning, would you risk going to jail to save him? Think about it...

If a child is drowning and you don't attempt to save him or her, you could go to jail. People have a civil duty to support and protect children in a time of distress.

If a child is in danger and you sit back and watch, that child subsequently dies. You're going to be spending some time in jail if it can be proven that you could have prevented the childs death.

As far as the pervert thing goes I'll agree it's getting way, way out of hand.

I work at an Indoor Tennis Facility and we have A LOT of kids. One day we got a newsletter that was given to us by a parent. The newsletter was apparently send home to this parent from their child's school.

(The newsletters content was all about things adults might say to a child to make them feel uncomfortable. Like charm words or mild terms of endearment.

"Sweety, Honey, Darling, Babe, etc..." Well, the letter stated that NO adult should ever use a term like this with a child. And told children to tell a parent or guardian immediately and if needed report them to the authorities.

It also went on about an Adult touching a child. Now, we aren't talking about molesting the child, we are talking about a pat on the back, hand on the shoulder, touch on the hand... any single touch that makes the child "FEEL" uncomfortable should be told right away to parent or possibly the authorities.

This Newsletter was absolutely insane. It read like every adult that comes in contact with a child is out to commit some horrible crime. And make sure you report it.

Our Tennis instructors have to touch the kids all the time. "No, not that way."
They have to fix their grips on the racquets, show them the motion of a forehand, backhand etc... Pick up their leg and move it to the correct position. So, it sucks from them knowing that any little brat that wants to start a problem can say, "Mommy, Tennis Pro X touched my wrist, and it made me feel uncomfortable... It's pathetic.

When i was a kid, I heard every term of endearment by adults. During baseball games it was a common practice to get a pat on the *** for a good job, both by players as well as coaches. You never felt uncomfortable or like they were trying anything. NOR WERE THEY...

It's just a whole new world we live in with this crap...

If a child is drowning and you don't attempt to save him or her, you could go to jail. People have a civil duty to support and protect children in a time of distress.

If a child is in danger and you sit back and watch, that child subsequently dies. You're going to be spending some time in jail if it can be proven that you could have prevented the childs death.

The problem with child protection is that it's getting down to the point where you even touch a child and all ready people are screaming child abuse / molestation.

Classic example was brought up on one of my training courses when it came down to child safey.

As you know, I am a scout leader. If i was on a bush walk and one of my kids desided that he wanted to jump off a cliff. Currently he is at the edge of the cliff, and ready ready to kill himself.
What can I do?

1. Grab the youth member. I pull him back to safty. Any injury he gets, whether is a scratch on the knee or a dislocated sholder. I am up on charges for child abuse.

2. Grab the youth member. However I slip and he falls to his death. Even though I attempted to save the youth member's life, I am up on charges to manslaughter.

3. Yell at the youth member. It startles him or scares him, he dicides to jump anyways as he fears that my temper with him is a fate worse than death. I am up on charges for manslaughter.

4. Do nothing. Considing all the other options so far, this sames to be safest yet. WRONG! I am up change for neglecting the child protection act.

5. Calm tell the child to come back away, and then explain why it dangerous to jump off cliff. Stupid as it sounds, I a not legally in the clear. I did warn the child of dangers. The child ingored me and jumped off the cliff. Considering the legal implications that I would be putting myself at risk with options 1, 2, 3 or 4, what else can I do?

Infact, I could have one of my youth member go out of sight and then jump off a cliff. Like I would have no idea what happened. Because of that, I would then be put up on charges for negligences.

YAY ME! There are some days where I do question myself on WHY did I become a scout leader in the first place.

Now if the child would happen to be is mortal danger and unable to do any thing for themself, then by law, I would need to some thing about it. However again, I would need to watch myself on what I am doing in order to not put myself at risk of being put up on charges for child abuse or any thing else like that.

Because of the child protection laws, and the people's shoot first ask questions later attitude, you need to be very careful when it comes down to child safty.

Our Tennis instructors have to touch the kids all the time. "No, not that way."
They have to fix their grips on the racquets, show them the motion of a forehand, backhand etc... Pick up their leg and move it to the correct position. So, it sucks from them knowing that any little brat that wants to start a problem can say, "Mommy, Tennis Pro X touched my wrist, and it made me feel uncomfortable... It's pathetic.

And normally it's lines like that and idiot parents or parents with a grudge that people like your tennis instructors in trouble.

Then there is my position where I need to show kids how to put on absail harness. And to make things worse, I need to make check make sure that their harness is on securely before assending off a cliff.

Considering that an absail harness is around the waist, I think might take your Tennis instructor's job instead.

I actually saved a kid from drowning once at a water park and the parents ran up and started yelling at me and pushing me like I was trying to do stuff to their child. :(

I actually saved a kid from drowning once at a water park and the parents ran up and started yelling at me and pushing me like I was trying to do stuff to their child. :(

throw the kid back in....ungrateful sons of their parents

WTF I thought we wern't allowed to have disucssion like this on TF! Well, instead of being labeled a pervert, he's basically labeled a murderer ^^ Nice call, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom