just quit smokeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sadly a lot of people think it's their given right to pollute the air with crap that has the potential to harm other people.
Now I'm not arguing for smoking - as I despise it - but try to compare it to the pollution put out by vehicles, factories among other things...it's nothin', and in that regard, pretty much is a right.

One thing I don't understand is this: smokers almost always have their window's down while driving...:confused: You paid for it, you asked for it - enjoy the smoke and keep it to yourself. Roll those windows up. :D

lol....they don't want the inside of their car too smell....but yea, you get what you pay for.

One thing I don't understand is this: smokers almost always have their window's down while driving...:confused: You paid for it, you asked for it - enjoy the smoke and keep it to yourself. Roll those windows up. :D

You're more likely to get killed by a smoker who is suffocating while driving than second hand smoke.

Ok good on you if you can quit.

I smoke and I don't think I will quit any time soon, I have the right to smoke and I enjoy it.

i just quit smoking wish me luck, hope i can fully stop this time. taking a pill to help me stop so lets see.:D

Good Luck.
I know that it's like.
It took me about 6 years for me to quit smoking.
Currently, it's been about 15 months since my last smoke.

You're more likely to get killed by a smoker who is suffocating while driving than second hand smoke.
Yes, you're stating the obvious. Second-hand smoke won't kill you so much as make your life more painful in the end.

But think of it this way: keep the windows up, inside air circulation - you can get your jollies for hours with only one cig., or even part of a cig. ;)

The only real thing I have against smokers is their litter - on the streets, sidewalks, while driving - so many people just drop it wherever they are, no care for their surroundings. All the people I see throwing a cig. out their window...well, they need corrected. I live in the desert here in Tucson, AZ ... on the sides of the road are dry grass, ah, how one punk's laziness leads to a disaster.

Grats Harper.

I don't mind people smoking. I do mind blowing smoke in my face. Yeah! I am a passive smoker. Whenever I go somewhere, even if there is smoke restriction in most places, always someone will smoke a ciggarete or something, and I am forced to breath that air!

Okay, first off...

Second hand smoke really only occurs when you're in an inclosed air. If you stand next to a smoker outside, it wont affect you (if he's blowing it straight in your face, hes a jackass. Kick'em in the nuts.).

And second, smoking dosn't kill quite as many people as you think. When you look at the statistics, keep in mind that not all of those deaths happened from smoking. People who die when there 112, and smoked, get counted, as do people who don't smoke and get lung cancer (it DOES happen without smoke, people). They also count people who died of things that have NO connection to smoking, but they smoked. They call this "complications" with smoking and such. Yeah.

And third, don't believe all that crap about second hand smoke killing you faster. Unless you spend the majority of your day in an airport smoking lounge, absorbing smoke through your skin, it probably wont kill you.

Personally, I smoke about 15-20 cigarettes a day, smoke pipe in the afternoon (when I'm back in the states). Plus, cigarettes probably save every idiot who talks to me, because without these wonder sticks, I would have shot them by now. So, smoking SAVES lives. I figure that, for the cost of my own life (I dont want to live long any way), I'm saving just about everyone I see (20-30 people) a day. Try denying THAT logic. Plus, I love smoking (smoking pipe is great, and yes that IS tabaccco in there) and don't plan on stopping, unless I have a kid (and I'm certian that computers, CRTs, and toner cartridges have made me sterile).

Congrates on quiting though. It IS a bad habit.

Side note... will someone PLEASE get rid of those truth commercials? I'm tired of seeing them, they annoy me, and they burst with flat out lies. Stop making smokers look evil!

Been there done that. Good luck.

Just remember: when you get a real craving for smoking, do NOT let yourself buy another pack (I assume you threw out/already smoked your last pack). The urge is strong and sometimes painful, but dying of lung cancer is 1000x more painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom