Just need some quick advice off anyone who knows what they are doing.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
When you are paint a Bathroom, would you paint it white then go over the actual white under coat with the colour of your choice for the Bathroom. Or would you just go over fresh plaster with the colour of you choice. I have a Big 4 Gallon Tub of Trade Paint (Expencive S***) and a Tub of Sage leaf for my Bathroom but have just been told to paint it wite as an under coat and then over the top with the sage leaf.

Thing is thor its fresh plaster, nice and Pink as in its fully dry and just needs painting but Man I'm going to have to put three Coats on if I put a Layer of white and two sage leaf.

Anyone done this before. Its proper trade paint about 30 £ too 40 $ for a three gallon or 15 too 20 Litres .

Last edited:
Usually you'd put down primer first then your choice of colored paint, not just white paint -> colored paint.

I was just going to put my Sage Leaf straight over the actual plaster. The plaster is fresh as. Just been done about two months ago. Its never had a coat of paint on it. What does primer look like. Can I just put the white straight over the plaster then the sage leaf.

Yes, you can use the white as your primer. The first coat of whatever will be mostly sucked in by the plaster/drywall hence the primer coat.

Word of advice... Don't skimp on the paint. Go with a high quality paint, not the cheapest you can find. My dad was a painter his whole life and I did learn a little from him. Cheap paint will end up costing you more not to mention looking like crap before long.

By the looks of it most of this will be preparation work as opposed to the actual painting and decoration. I have just spent about 45 minutes clearing out everything and setting everything up for when 07.30 hits and I can crack on with out worrying about the noise. Gonna do my actual Hall \ Passage way as well as it being a Flat leads straight out from the bathroom.

Trot can you offer any advice about the wood work, like doors, wall boards, and skirting. I was gonna scrape them over with a scraper but I do not know if I need to sand them with a fine paper or a rough then fine paper. Their is a lot of timber in just the actual Bathroom and Hall \ Passage way and I don't know how I'm going to tackle it.

No good this painting and decorating business. Not for me this manual labour malarkie.

Well thats that. F* it. Bathroom can stop the way it is. Unless someone does it for me the thing will be stopping the way it is. Mite pay some poor F*er to do the work.

Check out the quality of this bad lads work.

0ed6abf9d202f1688239e0b4aa9ac92e.jpg

d03e6fde0ba8957bd9105e26428c569a.jpg

fece110de08b366993eceb1bd6e78a7c.jpg

108f80cd5a0b45963295134b173f0841.jpg

eff69f1fe8cf0a85428b4e9c23b646e7.jpg

Nawgty that. Gonna wait for it to dry & get the walls done. Talk about being rotton man. Look at the collour of the doors & walls.

Back
Top Bottom