Just curious, if you were to have a PC built FOR you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Where would you go?

I know most of this board frowns on Dell, Gateway, HP, Alienware, Compaq, etc... but I was just thinking, if you wanted to buy an already built PC, what company would you end up going with?

Dell (cheaper models), E-Machines(the one with the PCI-E slots and S939).

If it was for work, a gateway wouldn't be too bad.

For the ones we sell at best buy, Sony's and HP are really solid (but you pay more for sony, a lot more). Then u basically have Emachines on the low end, but they arn't terrible.

Over all though, you can build one for way cheaper than any of these.

I used to build them, but lately I've been buying some lower end Dell's when offers come out, double RAM, etc, etc. Its hard to match prices and when you take the cost of software into account there is no competition, some of these Dell's are ridiculously cheap.

I tend to build/buy moderately spec'd machines, so the situation may be different for high end/more modern hardware

i've never bought one...always had them givin to me...except for the rig i'm on which i built....used all my existing software and optical drives for it...so it wasn't that bad...now i just need a new graphics card....ATI 9600pro just don't cut the mustard!

Dell is ok, too much spyware and their darn tech support pops up everyone second

Sony is ok, if they didnt make such small cases, and use such random psu sizes

Gateway, um cant say much i have a P2 one, still working

Hp seems pretty good

i hate compaq, thouhg its part of hp but i just hate the name compaq or maybe it was caused i used the celeron processor compared to my dual core

IBM :confused:

alienware is just overpriced

www.cyberpowers.com www.ibuyers.com :) www.monarchcomputer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom