Just curious, has anyone else ordered anything from this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
http://www.altecwebuk.com

I went there because the tablet I wanted was listed for a good cheap price, however so far I am SUPER SPAZZED OUT worried because of a few things... trying to get some peace of mind so I can sleep again.

First off, the name "altecwebuk" is a spin off of another site "altecweb.uk"

The emblem/symbol for the site has nothing to do with it's name.

The information lists Amazon's name/policy - not it's own.

The listing literally has "TX2500Z 12.1" Lightweight " the " I am sure is a misspelling of HTML code (or some other type)

Attempts to contact the Seller (PayPal provided me 'his' Email) has gotten no where, no replies.

When I hit "contact us" it lists things for shipping/etc, no longer in english, and seems to be copy/paste exactly the same:
""Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi luctus. Duis lobortis. Nulla nec velit. Mauris pulvinar erat non massa. Suspendisse tortor turpis, porta nec, tempus vitae, iaculis semper, pede. Cras vel libero id lectus rhoncus porta. Suspendisse convallis felis ac enim. Vivamus tortor nisl, lobortis in, faucibus et, tempus at, dui. Nunc risus. Proin scelerisque augue. Nam ullamcorper. Phasellus id massa. Pellentesque nisl. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nunc augue. Aenean sed justo non leo vehicula laoreet. Praesent ipsum libero, auctor ac, tempus nec, tempor nec, justo.""

Which.. seeing that right there.. SCARES THE **** OUT OF ME.

Plus the site keeps going down with errors.. and let's just say I am trusting it less and less as the days go on.

So... I wanted others to look into it (or if anyone has purchased from them... to help my feelings go away)

Does the site look Fraud to you? It does to me... in fact.. contacting PayPal now to get my money back.

Something has to be wrong with this for $20 if this is legit I'm placing an order!

http://www.altecwebuk.com/index.php/digital-slrs/nikon-d5000-12-3mp-dx-digital-slr-camera-1681.html

I wouldn't man!

I just cancelled my order. But if you use paypal your secure as well.

Look at the "contact us" page - it's gibberish! the "shipping information" has NO SHIPPING listed - it's just "we stock much" type wording copy/pasted in each catagory.

This site HAS to be fraud. Too Cheap on products (knew it was too good to be true!) and the site is horribly made, just look around, nothing matches up, amazon return details, the MApple logo for the altecwebuk site? Yeah.. come on .. this has to be fraud- and we should sue him for all he's worth! lol

Check this steal out, 50 inch plasma, under $200

http://www.altecwebuk.com/index.php/television/high-definition-plasma-display.html

Says it weighs some 75 pounds, but ships for $30 ? EFFIN amazing! lolz

most of this stuff wasn't listed when I ordered. IT musta just been added to lure more people in.

This SOB is going down.

Sadly, now I gotta wait what will probably be a long-duration period to get my money back, before I can buy anything off Ebay or anything, which Ebay has some awesome deals going on right now for the tablet I want *sniffles*

Now I get to be sad again.

Well I hope everything works out ok for ya:)

I translated the about us page as best I could, every section is a copy\paste. they are all the same, this is "Shipping and delivery"

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Availability: In stock. In stock. Availability: In stock. Welcome to you, there was no lump. Store multiple Apple Dell Gateway IBM Sony, Toshiba. Use the gate more here. Click the Advanced button for. Click on the Privacy selection in and, for phrases. See image below. Add to Cart. Click OK. We lump. Subscribe. Resources Keep your old age and administer, and is quality made ​​easy. Now prophetic. We just do not but a lion vehicles here. Learn More Add to Wishlist | time addresses."

As best I can tell it's Latin but it's not proper so I can't accurately translate it but it's close.

Even more a reason to distrust this site.. I mean come on.. what does that have to do with "shipping" lol.

I just wish I knew a way to like Sue this guy so I get my money back via paypal - and in addition get money for the BS he put me through. I turned down 2 ebay deals because I figured "this is good!" now I need the money back so I can TRY to get something off ebay that will work ><

I'm hoping someone might know how to go about having the site looked into, I mean there has to be a way to have it taken down.

according to Paypal you can "report fraud sites" but I don't know what extent they go into on that, and I think you had to purchase something and then go through what I am, and I don't think I'll get to like "sue" him to get more money out of the deal.

Really hope the transaction is resolved quickly - because some of these auctions are too good to pass up bidding on, and end in a couple of days ><

OH yes, very much so. My antivirus didn't go off... hmm wonder if I 'caught" something or not... grr... I really want to sue now.

Sadly that keeps giving me an error when I try to contact them?

Are you sure THAT site isn't fraud? Lol.

Where is the option "I Wanna sue this guy for fraud and creditcard/identity theft, as well as false advertising, pain and suffering" and whatever else qualifies in this situation?

What I noticed and didn't say was my order number, which I will give (an example of)now

literally. I bet he had it set up to start at 100,000,000 and mine was the 23erd order (in this example, it is only 2 digets though, I just didn't want to give the EXACt in case of problems)

Which means there are a few other people out there that placed orders.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Availability: In stock. In stock. Availability: In stock. Welcome to you, there was no lump. Store multiple Apple Dell Gateway IBM Sony, Toshiba. Use the gate more here. Click the Advanced button for. Click on the Privacy selection in and, for phrases. See image below. Add to Cart. Click OK. We lump. Subscribe. Resources Keep your old age and administer, and is quality made ​​easy. Now prophetic. We just do not but a lion vehicles here. Learn More Add to Wishlist | time addresses."

As best I can tell it's Latin but it's not proper so I can't accurately translate it but it's close.
That Latin (Lorem ipsum...) is default text used for filler to show you how text will look on something (i.e. a preview). They just haven't removed it from the template, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom