Just curious, has anyone else ordered anything from this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but getting "Refunded" for a claim isn't stopping these kinds of sites. There has to be a way to press charges/fines to make them bankrupt where they cannot afford to make another site at all.

How would you do that? In order to make any website all you need is a name and way to make a payment. So how can you track who truly owns the site? No one even said that this was a legitamite business. It could have easily been a scam, which it looks like it was. So really anyone could have done it. You dont need a business ID or certificate to start an online business and make money. Anybody sitting in their house can easily have just thrown that site up.

Even going after the hosting company will get you no where. What did they do? They provided a service. They are not responsible for what that service did or didnt do. Just like your ISP is not responsible if you hack the IRS, FBI or CIA with the internet access they give you. Much like Ford is not responsilbe if you drive drunk and kill someone.

You can try to go after the person, but you need a court order to get any real info.

I have had no response from dreamhost yet about that site at all. :-( they are not very responsive

yup you seem to be right about that. no reply from dreamhost.

Or they just don't like you and when they saw you trying to contact them, they avoided you. joking :D

The host maybe has too many complaints, only one employee for support or they just don't want to deal with people complaining.

yes but this is important! a fake site like that can cause damages to people's computers (a/v went off) and thier wallets/ID!!!!! and all they care about is the 25 or so a month they get from those cheaters. wow. they should have responded right away like a good webhost should. professional hosting companies would deal with it right away. they would reply to me, personally as well as taking the site offline fast. now I know why they are so cheap.

netcraft.com you can also see what operating system and web server software the site runs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom