Joining the Territorial Army :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at it this way...who has more combat experience and who was more troops deployed over and over and over.

Some guys in my unit have went four times in the past 6 years...and its not even a regular army unit.

And our training depends on mos...medics train for an entire year, the basic combat training everybody goes through is 13 weeks.

And you are always training up, especially before you go on deployment.

True.

But, i would love to see a small scale fight between American troops and the UK troops using non lethal arms. That'd be so very interesting ;)
I think we can all agree the SAS are the best special forces troops though.. that's non negotiable :D

Are medics just as well trained as normal soldiers then, With the benefit of being a medic, too ?

True.

But, i would love to see a small scale fight between American troops and the UK troops using non lethal arms. That'd be so very interesting ;)
I think we can all agree the SAS are the best special forces troops though.. that's non negotiable :D

Are medics just as well trained as normal soldiers then, With the benefit of being a medic, too ?

It would be illogical to have a medic who couldn't fight..... When in a warzone you never know who might be forced to pick up a weapon and have to defend their wound comrades

The law of armed conflict and the geniva convention for a medic to be directly involved in fighting, they are allowed to carry a weapon but only for there own defence.

yeahh the Sa80a2 isnt that bad to be honest i think it has some good accuracy, very light also only 6Kg :)

i so want this to be the british army assault rifle :)

01adw06b.jpg

its the Pulse Rifle from the Film "Aliens" i think its created from a Thompson SMG, with an attached fore end of a Frenchi SPAS-12 Shotgun.. Its hot i think :rolleyes:

but in the film the SPAS-12 is used as a Gren Launcher in the film ;)

yeahh the Sa80a2 isnt that bad to be honest i think it has some good accuracy, very light also only 6Kg :)

Your kidding right? The SA80 is the worst battle rifle the army has ever used, the design is a pile of crap its not reliable at all and the moment you show it some heat an sand it stops more often than the 79 bus.

here you can hold more than one mos, lots of guys may have been a combat medic but went over to infantry or artillery so basically you can be an infantryman but work as a medic too.

The law of armed conflict and the geniva convention for a medic to be directly involved in fighting, they are allowed to carry a weapon but only for there own defence.

There are also a few special forces units which don't "exist" but yes as always on these matters you are correct a medic shouldn't be engaged in direct combat.

^ normally in cases like that they have medic training but are not officially in the eyes of the LOAC and Geneva convention are not classed as true medics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom