jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
er, they make more, lol. they average weekly like 11.something/hr with their tips.

the thing is, i don't have the internship position any more. i did last summer, now im just a summer help temp employee. im a political science/history major, minoring in econ.
Fair enough, I forgot about tips. But look at it this way: unless you're really good at selling stuff to people I doubt there is a single entry-level job you can get that will pay you more and look as good on your resume. Secondly, if you're going for a career in Polisci and Econ and you think whatever you're doing now is boring and dry just you wait...
In conclusion: stick it out. You're making money, getting experience, building your resume well, etc etc. In 10 years you'll be happier you stayed on here than if you quit and went to work at an Applebees with your buddies. If I were you I'd try and start a torrid love affair with any one of the hot older females working at your office, too. They love interns, trust me. ;)

This is an investment in your future, if I can use that hackneyed line. It's just like college: not fun at times but gives you the training and experience that you require to move upwards in your life. And if nothing else let this serve as a reminder to you how important it is to do something that you really enjoy doing when you go out into the world and start your career.

you guys may think poli sci is boring but i love it, its my major. obviously its something that would keep my interest otherwise i wouldn't be majoring in it.

you guys may think poli sci is boring but i love it, its my major. obviously its something that would keep my interest otherwise i wouldn't be majoring in it.

Just curious--where is this internship at....if you don't mind enlightening me. I'm interested in what kind of internship a polisci major can have since I've never thought about it before.

OK, first though, its not an internship anymore. It was last Summer, but i didn't get the internship position again this Summer. I was an engineering major my freshman year so it was in a natural gas company. now im just summer help.

next summer i am getting an internship in the civil war museum, for history, or i am interning in my brothers office cuz he is the local congressman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom