Job Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm 16 and i'm looking for a place to work. I was thinking about ace hardware or something but i'm not sure if they will hire 16 year olds. Minimum wage here is $9.36, so thats not bad at all.

most places will hire 16 year olds unless they sell something that requires you to over 18 like cell phone stores, tabacco stores, etc.

wow.. where do you live that minimum wage is 9.36?

Probably like California or New York or something. Wages are higher but so is the cost of living so it pretty much evens out.

the minimum wage here is $7.50, soon going up to $8.25...i sell comps to people for extra cash...but to start out you need a few grand...or at least enough money to make a decent comp.

I live in the bay area in california. I guess its good for me since i dont really have any big bills to pay or anything. So i guess i get more money in the end.

I started doing the local paper route when I was 13 during the summer. Not too bad. Work about 3 hours in the morning and I got paid $15 a day. Mind you it's every single day of the week since the paper is even on Sunday. Good money for someone your age though. I did it until I was 16.

And luke the minimum wage here for adults is $8.50 now they raised it in February again. Under 18 I think it's $7.15. Lowest paying job here in TO is around $12 an hour though. The cost of living is so high.

Thats a terrible minimum wage. I think its $7.50 here. But yea, the most money for someone your age would be doing manual labor sorts of things. Clean peoples yards, cut grass, that kinda stuff. Or, construction sites always have random jobs like moving lumber around and junk like that. Its unskilled, simple and pays a heck of a lot more than working the drive-thru. If you live in a neighborhood where people have yards and such, go bug them and see if you can set up a schedule to do some yard work or something. A few of those contract type jobs adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom