Job interview tomorrow!

If you go for a Geek Squad position, absolutely do not come across too knowledgeable about PCs. I didn't get the position even though I had 2 interviews because the supervisor was afraid that I would quickly take his job. So if they ask you what PCI-E is, an A/V, or DDR, don't go into 10 minute long explanations lol.

Good Luck!!
Indeed. I have a friend who works Geek Squad in Houston who is quite knowledgeable about PCs and I'm not sure how he got in. He said he was completely honest with them, didn't undermine himself, nor did he try to seem too knowledgeable. He said his supervisor is a complete moron though.

Edit: Ninja edit? Dafuq

It's about time Best Buy has someone who knows what they're doing :tongue: Good luck!

Nah i wouldnt go on in the geek squad, im horrible at fixing my computer when it breaks and i know what i did to break it, let alone when some 57 year old that comes in with a laptop from 2001 and says, " i dunno what happened, it just stopped working ".

I have high hopes tho for getting a job there :) thanks for the support guys!

well if your a best buy geek....you tell the old man that it needs a new hard drive, memory, screen and mother board. Then offer sell him a new laptop because new is better!!
(and if he acts now, he can get the special software for free!!)

Back
Top Bottom