Job Interview Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Have you ever had a possible employer ever ask you "what are your three-five worst personality traits"

When ever Ive been asked this question in an interview, I never think of good answers.

So what are some negative traits you could tell a possible employer that would technicaly be negative but wouldnt be that bad?

I embezzle money from companies
I do drugs
I sell drugs

those are surely some great negative traights to tell your possible employer :D

I've never in my life come across employers who ask things like that.

They are probably looking for answers like

"I'm a workaholic" and crap like that.

Well my last few interviews have all asked that question.

workaholic is obviously a suckup answer and I think it would do more harm then good

ulater6000 said:
So what are some negative traits you could tell a possible employer that would technicaly be negative but wouldnt be that bad?

I getting up into situations where I am pushed into a corner. I will eventually push back, and you will not like it when that happen.

Apart from that, I spend more time Forum Trolling and Playing World Of WarCraft than I do real work. Don't ask how WOW got on the terminal.

And I need to keep my computer on for the other 16 hours a day as I am normally bit torrenting.

I suppose mentioning things such as 'lack of organization' or 'not punctual' would definitely be bad selling points. Anything that suggests you could be potentially unreliable would be a problem. I guess the key is finding negative traits that really wouldn't affect your working. Of course, if you chose one item like that it would make you appear honest, and than you can fill the other two with less important negative traits.

Never actually been asked that question myself. I'll think of something in a bit.

I found even though I am only 17 I have had 3 jobs. It seems if you are down to earth and really cool then it gives you more leaniency with questions.

The question i hate getting asked is "Would you previous employeer still hire you?"

I've always answered, "Well, I don't have any "bad" personality traits, but somethings I need to "work on" are (Punctuality, Organization and handwriting)...

Simple as that. You're not saying anything is bad against yourself, yet you're admitting that there are things that you need to work on.

It shows honesty, confidence and understanding without saying, "MY WORST ARE".

It's actually a good question because the employer is trying to guage your confidence level through an awkward question. They also want to see how honest you are.

everyone has things that they don't do well or need to do better.
Just take the focus off of "BAD or WORST" and word your answer in softer terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom