job interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats how I got my current job. After each interview, they would look at the other candidates and deliberate, and then call me in for the next one. So, all hope is not lost yet.

Some tips? Well, most employers ask a list of good, but generic questions. Get your friends and family to make a list of questions that they have been asked in an interview. Heck even make a thread here for that. Then, give your compiled list to someone else, and have them interview you. That will give you practice for 99% of all employer questions.

Also, if you get stuck on a question in an interview, remember that its ok to ask to come back to that one, and to move on for now. That way, you wont miss a beat and get to keep the ball rolling, which kills the awkward silence.

Do your homework on the company. If they have a webpage, read the entire thing. Google them for new headlines. You can usually find some way to throw your knowledge of their company in an interview, which is very impressive for an employer to hear.

They don't expect you to answer all the questions all the time. They look for someone that can admit they don't know it all. They will like the fact that you are able to find the answer if need be.

Nobody knows it all, and anyone that pretends to... is a liar.

ok i got some question for you all these were some of the questions thats been told by me sorry I cant remember the rest.
1. Why do you want to work here?
2.What was your strongest points on your previous job?
3. what was your weakest point of your prevoius job?
4. What was something that you disliked on the prevoius job that you wish you could have changed.
5. Did you ever have problems with your employees.
6. Why would I hire you from the rest of the canidates.
7.When was the last time you were a team leader on a event and how did you handle it.
8.How would you treat your co-workers
9.What was your last employer complained about you

1. This is a good one to throw in some of that homework that you did on the company. Say something like, "Your website said that you treat employess well."

2. This should be on your resume anyways.

3. This is a hard one. Of course don't say anything like, "I have a weakness for stealing." A good one to say to this is, "If I get really involved with a project, I am sometimes too much of a perfectionist, and all caught up in what I am doing." Something along those lines that is a weakness, but not that bad of one. THat was just an example that I pulled out of thin air and you should find one that actually suits you. Questions like these are often followed up by, "What are you doing to correct this?"

4. That ones pretty easy. Just be careful to NEVER bash your previous employer. This might also be followed up on by, "What did you do deal with this?"

5. Don't say 'no.' 99.9% of the time thats a lie. Lying in interview=bad. Give an example of when you had a disagreement with a previous coworker, and how you resolved it. Dont include anything that involves you knocking someone out;)

6. This one is sometimes difficult. When I was getting hired for my current job (which is technical), one of the things I said was that I know when to admit I dont know something, and when to ask for help. I said I realized that in a technical job, one cant know everything, and I am willing to admit it, and am willing to find the solution. Again, use your own that applies, I'm just giving examples.

7. Employers really like teamwork. Make sure to even throw the work 'team' in every so often. Some keywords here are: Fair, Equal, and open to the rest of the team for suggestions.

8. As you would have them treat you:D The word 'team' goes good here too.

9. Well, your last employer didnt have any complaints, right? Tell the truth.

I interviewed at Target and got a post card in the mail a week or so later saying I didnt get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom