Japanese product better than Americans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you live in Japan you made it clear in your first post, I'm also not trying to be rude and I respect your opinion but I got the impression you were saying America was lacking behind Japan. Which is not true at all.

Where did I get the idea? History my friend, it all starts during WWII and the Cold War.

Igetshockedalot said:
Let us not forget that Japanese ANYTHING is due to the rebuilding of that country by Americans following the end of WWII. When you have your country rebuilt with the experience and knowledge of 150 years of innovation I should HOPE that you are ahead of the game.
NOTE: This is NOT a Japanese bashing/WWII glorifying/blind US supporting point of view.

Right, The only reason America did that was to establish Democracy in Japan because it was in their economic interest and fear of Japan turning into a Communist country.

"we're Faaar Eeeast cooooaast..."

Igetshockedalot said:
Let us not forget that Japanese ANYTHING is due to the rebuilding of that country by Americans following the end of WWII. When you have your country rebuilt with the experience and knowledge of 150 years of innovation I should HOPE that you are ahead of the game.
NOTE: This is NOT a Japanese bashing/WWII glorifying/blind US supporting point of view.
That was a myth. In 1973 when the rivaling countries were to begin funding eachother, countries like Taiwan and Japan were among the few that were to be ABANDONED by the worlds market sharing commities. Japan was the only small country that rebuilt its economy Independently by marketing to those countries that had global partnership. only among themselves.

Most of our technology is developed and manufactured by the eastern contries anyway, so we Americans are in no position to start comparing ourselves to Japan when it comes to technology. :amazed: :cool:

Actually America is behind Japan, in oh so many ways.

Japan is very tech orientated, take the example of the Honda Asimo.
Asimo is great, does America have anything to match it? No.

Look at the DARPA Grand challenge are teams without US members allowed to join? No. Why? Because then they would win.

Would anyone here by a tech item made in the USA? Hell no thats madness. The only exception to that rule is that Intel is based in Silcon valley, but then people seem to support AMD more who have their main fabrication plant in Germany.

But if we move aside from high technology and look at other more normal products for a second. Take cars for example, American cars usually don't directly translate to us in other nations, they are too big and inefficient and don't have the correct design features for us. This means we cannot us that as an example. Unfortunately thats about all the USA still makes.

Lets take this a step deeper and look at why the USA doesn't really make great products, especially with regards to tech items. Frankly because the USA, like the rest of the western world gets whooped at that by the Taiwaniese and Japanesse. Also if you look at most USA written research papers with regards to the technical industry you can see that America prefers to concentrate on computer simulations or new ways of doing old things. The Japanesse prefer to come up with new ideas and actually do them. I mean really who cares about a rat brain flying a simulated plane through a simulated storm?

However i do realise that the USA must make some products that are the best in the world - anyone know what these products are?

All of my uber high end stuff comes from japan, and not the states. Stuff like high end DJ equipment and stuff :)

However almost all PC stuff is manafactuered in cheap country's

Re: "My Playstation is better than yours..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
I used to live in America, Now i live in Japan. ..... It may not seem so to Americans, but comparing American technology to Japanese technology is like comparing the Flinstones to the Jetsons. :confused:

Even Televisions here are almost a thing of the past. So yeah. Japanese Technology is WaAaAaAaAaAaAAA
AAAaaaayy
Better than American stuff.

I even have a robot brushing my teeth in the morning! J/k ;) :cool:

OH EM GEE!!!!!! welcome back ATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how's Japan?

btw, you better change your location under your name :p

Oh Oh Oh Oh

I found something!!!

The USA makes lots of drugs which are on a par with all the other developed nations, the only difference is that America makes more of them.

Since the product is of the same quality but they make more you could claim they were the best in the world at that.

Sadley thats all i've come up with though.

everything is made all over the world, you cant compare like that, japan itself dosnt have much manufacturing, for instance if something says made in hong kong doesnt mean its actually created there but thats where its shipped from before you recieve it.
here is copy from asiaweek.com but this also applies to everything that says its made from japan. remember japan is small country to have much room for huge plants.

"In concept, it's pretty simple," says Michael Brownrigg, a trade policy officer with the U.S. Consulate-General in Hong Kong. "A shirt with a made-in-Hong Kong label ought to be made in Hong Kong." But, as Brownrigg admits, it isn't simple in reality. That's because an average shirt comprises several different pieces of cloth cut and stitched together in many separate processes -- and, often, places.

that applies in large to electronics, they ship pieces of playstiion for example from tawain and other countries, few things are legitimatly created and assembled in 1 specific country anymore

also i should point out about licenses, huge namebrands and companies that create cutting edge tech like sony use licenses for peices of technology from all over the world, including america.

as far as the jetsons vs flintstones remark, i dont recall seeing any japaneese riding in flying cars over there, i mean the game market is first over there and a few other things but americans arnt that far behind from the ability to purchase such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom