Jalapenos, and why you should wash your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
Ok most of you may think "duh, it burns your eyes"

well... yes.. it does........

But i had to scratch....... and uh...

im paying for it...

I love making my own salsa, and i use lots of jalapenos.

Unfortunately for me i forgot to wash my hands, and scratched myself about 15 min later.

Its not comfortable......... reminds me of the time i experimented with icy hot when i was 13..

lol..

Lmao sucker I have never done that :looks shifty: apparently vinegar negates the base that makes chillis hot never tried it myself though. I hope with that salsa you burnt the peppers before adding them it gives more depth to the flavour if the skins look charcoal burnt. I also add lime and white wine vinegar with adequate pepper and salt.

yes thats almost my exact recipe.

Jalapenos, Tomatos, Salt, Garlic, Pepper, Lemon juice (or just... a lemon de-seeded and blended up), and Cilantro.

And i cook the peppers first in a pan with the garlic untill the garlic is brown.

i've never tried white wine vinegar though...

It adds some sharpness to contrast the sweetness of the peppers and tomatoes, I use lime not coriander there is a difference in sweetness rather then sharpness and I would add coriander to your recipe last minute as it adds some freshness that is quite indescribable but tasty lol

Well i dont have any coriander, but i agree about the sweetness of the peppers.

The tomatoes are more of an acidic taste, but the peppers are definitely sweet (if they are fresh).

I am the only person in my house that will sit down and eat a few jalapenos by themselves for a light snack.

Its good, its low fat, lots of vitamins, and its spicy... whats not to like?=)

Unfortunately this time i added a tiny bit to much salt.

Its not so bad that i cant eat it, but its not perfect.

(it would be perfect if i wasnt eating it with salted chips=)

lol spicy Peppers and garlic are very healthy plus some ginger and you have the basis for a stir fry which will cover virtually every vitamin and mineral its one of the healthiet things you can eat.

mmm...food.

I can cook pretty good as well, im known for my heavy use of rum/wine when making Italian dishes such as lasagna and spaghetti.

Not the stuff made for cooking, the stuff made for drinking lol.

Been in your boat before. Wash your hands with water and a handful of salt or lemon juice first, then with soap and water. Works every time. The peppers leave an oil on your skin that does not come off easily.
Try zesting a lime next time. Adds amazing flavor.

The wine is understandable but rum in italian food please elaborate have never heard of it being used I just use excessive amounts of pinot noir/grigio oregano olive oil and garlic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom