It's TF's Photo Gallery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
00010.jpg

00006.jpg

Sw1tCh[FX] said:

The camera really has little to do with the ability to take good images. It's the photographer's job to make good images regardless.

Yeah, but then consider that the closest thing I have to a camera is this:

logitech-quickcam-pro-5000-kep-1-middle.jpg

A colleague of mine is quite an experienced astrophotographer. He has tons of great pictures, but the following image really impressed me. When he first showed it to me I thought he was kidding, and that the image was from the Hubble Space Telescope.

This is the Andromeda Galaxy, or M31, the closest spiral galaxy to the Milky Way, and thought to be very similar to our own.

The photo is a 10 minutes exposure (on bulb) with a Canon 350D camera mounted on a 4" refractor telescope with motorized guiding. Aperture was fully open and ISO around 400-800 (don't know for sure).

It may not seem too impressive but such spectacular shot is very hard to achieve, specially with a 4" refractor.

m31yg3.jpg

everyone who takes pictures should have photoshop, IMO. because sometimes you can't always get the perfect shot, and photoshop helps you get that shot you had pictured in your head. for example, kostas, your shots are beautiful and i can only imagine how much more beautiful it was in person. to convey that beauty, you may need to exaggerate the contrast a bit to make things stand out...almost give it a more 3d feel. example:

00006os5.jpg

i'm no photo expert but it takes very little effort to turn a good picture into a great one. bump up the contrast a little, mess with the levels a bit, and add a cheesy border and done.

Sw!tch is a ****ing pimp ****ing daddy. Only pimp ****ing daddies can take pimp *** ****ing pictures like that.

What exactly is HDR photography? You have a good link explaining it? I love it, I want to try it.

omg!

316206451_eb335a63fc.jpg

molsen said:
if you have photoshop, i'd be interested to see what the second one looks like with the saturation bumped up a little....to help bring out the color of that building on the right. very cool!

I do have photoshop (my dad is a commercial photographer so I can use a bunch of his stuff), but I just haven't really messed around with my pictures very much.

edit: i hope you don't mind...i just like messing with good photographs! i'll delete it if you want. just an example of how you can counteract the dullness in color common in many digital cameras.

dscf0903copyii1.jpg

I don't mind at all. :) I was planning on going back to some of my pics from Italy and enhancing them anyways.

Some of these images can be seen on the ToV forum albums, but i'm posting them here too.

Here are looking up a couple trees:

DSC_0179_show2.jpg

DSC_0068_show.jpg

The General said:
What exactly is HDR photography? You have a good link explaining it? I love it, I want to try it.
HDR photography is when you take 3 or more images that cover a tonal range that your sensor wouldn't pick up in a single exposure otherwise and merge them together. You need software to do it correctly. I've heard Photomatix Pro is ok, but I have yet to get good results from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom