Issues With Xp Sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many saw my rage earlier today...SP2 messed up my video card drivers...see my specs below...imagine no games for a solid 24 hrs!!! That is how long it took to fix it. I ended having to not only reinstall drivers, I had to uninstall sp2 and then reinstall my chipset drivers...it was a long process that even ATI or microsoft (bug suprise) didnt know how to fix...sp1 forever

i will never douwnload it.. ever. ms screws up again
WPA <---- most retarded time wasting idea ive ever seen

Silesia said:
Just wondering (so i know what to blame), what sort of proplems (if any) has your computer (or that you have seen on another computer) have you been experiencing since you installed Win Xp SP2.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE HAD PROBLEMS.
Well, I'm not going to take this time to bash Microsoft, but will tell you what has happened when I installed SP2 for XP Pro.

After installing SP2, my internet speed was vastly diminished. That's the only problem I had, but that was enough. I went from a 2mg download speed to 80k. I had technicians in from my ISP and a tech friend and there was no physical problem.

The problem was the new firewall and SP2 installs. It conflicts with my ISP, and caused severe slow down. After disabling the firewall from SP2, everything returned to normal.

The SP2 also includes a pop-up killer that I don't need, so I disabled it too.

My speed and functionality of my computer is back up to normal, but only after disabling the Shield "stuff" that SP2 included.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom