Issues With Xp Sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Just wondering (so i know what to blame), what sort of proplems (if any) has your computer (or that you have seen on another computer) have you been experiencing since you installed Win Xp SP2.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE HAD PROBLEMS.

Personally, I have problem with the computer would freeze and give me an error message every time I tried to right click some an icon.

I am not installing SP2, and probably never will. I've heard nothing but complaints about it, and who needs Bill Gates' firewall if you have something like ZoneAlarm or McAfee???

my computer went nuts for a while... going really slowly, 100% cpu usage even though I had nothing open. The install seems to have calmed down now and hopefully it has now taken to my system properly.

I had a problem installing it at first as i had a custom boot.ini file, so i had to revert to default for installation.

I had a few issues with MSN messenger and sp2 opening multiple copies at once and then crashing (when i only clicked it once)... but even that seems to have ironed itself out... otherwise i havent really seen any changes... i dont use IE so i wont experience that... lets just hope the problems i have had are all i will have!

how do i update windows xp pro its say to download sp2 but i dont wont to i just want to update the the main stuff for xp pro.

my computer keeps giving me the error message "explorer.exe has encountered an internal error and needs to close" when I right click on a file, even before I installed SP2
you gotta love those error messages..........

yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom