The Issue With Apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to laptops, I haven't had a hands-on experience to date that beats my MBP. I really do love it as a machine. It looks good, touchpad is awesome, screen is very decent, battery life is good enough.

If you want to find a system that will change that get your hands on a Thinkpad x220. Much better screen, Much better battery life, and the best keyboard you can get in a laptop.

I'm incredibly picky when it comes to laptops and have never really been satisfied with any of the ones I have used or owned until I got my x220. The laptop is simply perfect, the only thing that would make it better is finding a way to defy the laws of physics and shove a GTX 560m in it without changing anything else about the system.

If you want to find a system that will change that get your hands on a Thinkpad x220. Much better screen, Much better battery life, and the best keyboard you can get in a laptop.

I'm incredibly picky when it comes to laptops and have never really been satisfied with any of the ones I have used or owned until I got my x220. The laptop is simply perfect, the only thing that would make it better is finding a way to defy the laws of physics and shove a GTX 560m in it without changing anything else about the system.

I'll definitely check it out, cheers

I get the impression you don't look after things , holy crap, why would you drop ANY laptop from half a meter :stare: !?
Trust me, I am not exactley the most unclumsy person ever, but i've never smashed by IP4 or IP4S screen, infact i've not even scratched them. And no, I don't use a case.

Yes, I totally drop every laptop I own from half a meter on purpose. -_-
My current one just slid off my bed when my little brother sat down next to it. the corner where the screen hinges on was dented in, the actual screen corner was also dented.
As for the phones I repair, they're from the employees of the company I work for. I smashed my screen once, fell out of my pocket when I was trying to take it out. Again, small fall, didn't matter.

If one of my family members caused damage to one of my apple devices, I would go absolutely mental and probably leave home for a few days while I try and recover. I hate anything I have looking used, let alone damaged.

Well my point is, regardless of your singularly trouble-free experience, I get a lot of smashed iphones in for repair and see a lot of dented macbooks. In fact, I could probably do a walk around the office now and take pics of all the dented macbooks here
BUT not trying to start a war here :p

In the end, like I said I reckon they're good products, I just despise the company because of the general "control freak" attitude they have

Yeah I saw an article on that somewhere, one of the commenters made a good point. Being bankrupt, Kodak can't really afford the costs of the legal battle. So most likely they'll either sell their related patents in question to Apple at a price Apple names, or license it to them (again probably on Apple's terms). If the former happens, Apple will then no doubt use those newly acquired patents to sue yet moar companies!

And people wonder why I hate Apple and their rabid cultic following...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom