Isp Subpoenad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then ask them for proof other than just an IP address

tell them to prove that you downloaded it on your computer

Their's a telnet server, FTP server and HTTP server. These are all waiting for a hacker to get them.

If they can...

i would assume that to go with the "it wasnt me" defense you'll have to prove that your machine has been comprimised. you could setup ids to do this.

apokalipse said:
do you still have your old hard drive?
if you really didn't download the file, then it may not be on your hard drive.
sometimes people actually take the platters out of a hard drive that somebody might have tried to destroy, and read them in a special lab.
Problem is this..... if it comes down to detective having to actually look on his hard drive for even traces of the file, then unless the police have all ready confenscated the computer for evidence, it pretty pointless.

Like if i found out that my ISP subpoenad my IP Address for a file that I have downloaded, then first course of action would be by a new hard drive, install windows on it.
Then hide or ditch the old drive and claim that it crashed.

If you hard drive and data was going to be used in a court, then your hard dive (and very possibly the rest of your computer) would be in a police evidence locker room to avoid getting "contaminated"

The problem with DATA and THE LAW is that evendence on people hard drives much be caught red handed.

Have two firewalls, zonealarm and another one that can controll what IPs can access your machine and internet connection, let the one that controls IPs down and let zonealarm run, when zonealarm detects the new network raise the other firewall and try to block his connection and get the IP that he is using if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom