isoHunt shutdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update, Jan. 16, 2007
Lawyers from our primary ISP decided to pull our plug without any advance notice, as of 14:45 PST. No doubt related to our lawsuit brought by the MPAA, but we don't have more information at this time until people responsible comes to work tomorrow. We will be back in operation once we sort out this mess with our current ISP, or we get new hardware ready at our new ISP.

Sit back and enjoy the rest of the internet in the mean time, while it last. For your torrent searching needs, try Google for now by searching for "SEARCH TERMS ext:torrent".

You can also come hang around our IRC channel (SSL on port +7000). We'll update on this page and on IRC when we have more information.

If you wish to help us out financially, you can donate via Paypal from the button below. Due to prior dis-taste from certain individuals misusing legal funds for their own purposes however, this is not a legal defense fund. Your donations will be used for the operational costs of our servers and development of our websites. You have our sincere thanks.

- The isoHunt crew

Update, Jan. 17
FYI, since this is a common topic, no, moving servers to Sweden or Sealand isn't going to help. I have no intention of hiding our servers. BitTorrent was created for legitimate distribution of large media files, and we stand by that philosophy as a search engine and aggregator. Our current ISP is in the US. Our new ISP is in Canada, where this temporary page is being served. Depending on whether we get our servers back in the US, we will be back in full operation sooner or later.

Update, Jan. 17, 2007 15:40 GMT - SecretSquirrel
So after screwing around with our gigabit switch for a few hours, I've given up on one particular task and I'm moving on, hopefully we'll have our data back today, because if we do, we should be at least halfway back up by friday. If we don't get our data back from our previous provider, it may take a little longer to come back live again, but we are working on it, so be patient. :)

It looks like they will be back up by the end of the week. However i am surprised that they are not moving the site ofer to Sweden or Sealand.
Like I am quite sure some of those other now dead Bit Torrent Sites thought the same thing.

maaaaaaan, I just used it yesterday as well. I love isohunt.

What was that one website that warezmonster ( I think ) thought was down and actually wasn't for some people depending on if you put www. infront of it or not.

It was basically a torrent search that let you search through a majority of the search engines out there. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

ISOHUNT WILL LIVE!!!

Yeah - Got a hella shock when I saw that page today.

Managed to find some others that did the trick, but Isohunt not being there was like walking down to the local pub and it not being there. :eek:

BTW - As the General said: Azureus client FTW

I use to use Azereus, but it got to be too much of a system resource whore as it is java based. So, a few months ago I switched to uTorrent.

does anybody know how to speed up torrent downloads? They used to be fast for me and it would be going over 100kbs but now they barely even go 10kbs and sometimes randomly stop. I didnt change my internet connection or anything. Does anybody kno what i can do?

guess123 said:
does anybody know how to speed up torrent downloads? They used to be fast for me and it would be going over 100kbs but now they barely even go 10kbs and sometimes randomly stop. I didnt change my internet connection or anything. Does anybody kno what i can do?

Find ones with more seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom