iPod saves soldier's life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
body armor is not always completely bulletproof...especially against an AK-47

Isn't this suppose to be the body armor's job, not he Ipod's?

body armor is not always completely bulletproof...especially against an AK-47

At longer ranges, and also depending on the angle and location where the bullet hit, a vest can most likely stop full penetration from an AK-47. However if it was like they said, only feet away, the chances of penetration increases. I feel they give too much credit for the iPod, not that I have anything against them (well, maybe a little bit), but I highly doubt at near pointblank the iPod would do much at all, maybe a smaller pistol slug, but a 7.62x39mm is pretty powerful at that range. I mean, maybe if it hit something like the hard-drive, but that was just the plastic corner, making it more likely to have the protection similar to a piece of wood (which if you didn't know, isn't very effective at stopping bullets).

At longer ranges, and also depending on the angle and location where the bullet hit, a vest can most likely stop full penetration from an AK-47. However if it was like they said, only feet away, the chances of penetration increases. I feel they give too much credit for the iPod, not that I have anything against them (well, maybe a little bit), but I highly doubt at near pointblank the iPod would do much at all, maybe a smaller pistol slug, but a 7.62x39mm is pretty powerful at that range. I mean, maybe if it hit something like the hard-drive, but that was just the plastic corner, making it more likely to have the protection similar to a piece of wood (which if you didn't know, isn't very effective at stopping bullets).

Exactly. Also, the metal case on the ipod is paper-thin compared to a bullet.

Great! Now iPods are bullpoof.

I make me wonder if in Fall Out 3 we are going to have a suit of armor made from iPods/X-Boxes

For those people that do not know what I am talking about in regards to the X-Box, I am refering to this :-
Man Shoots Xbox Dead

Nha in Fallout 3 we got several hundred year old toilet water to deal with an localised nuclear weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom