iPhone 4s or Galaxy S 2?

Which phone would you buy? (Post what phone if "other" is chosen)

• iPhone 4s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy S 2

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I got my money so I am either pre-ordering an iPhone 4S or picking up a S2 as the Nexus Prime apperantley is not coming to At&t.

I have done tons of research and still really don't know what I want to do. I am intalling iOS5 tonight but I would like to know what everyone would pick.

I am thinking I may like the customization of Android better but am unsure.

I would list the specs but I am lazy this evening.

iPhone 16gb: $200

Galaxy S 2: $150 (through amazon)

Okay I am voting for the Galaxy II. Not cause of any hate for the Apple product but from experience. I will explain.

Working where I do we use the iPhone 4 for in store calls to carriers when we have to contact them for contract issues. Now this device is horrid in our store. Now I know it could just be the building and all that, but seriously I get more "Can you repeat that I cant hear you" and "Can you repeat that you are breaking up" when I use that phone than any other in our store. This is the one on the Verizon network mind you.

My good friend just got his Sprint Samsung Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch today. I used it for about an hour. This device is quick, responsive to all actions and can do it all. I threw everything I could at it. Games like all version of Angry Birds, Slice It, Words with Friends along with not killing them properly to test the device, (I just hit the home button instead of backing out of the app to make sure it was still running) I made calls to providers without issue. Calls were clear, texting was flawless and responsive as could be. The keyboard that he was using was just the default Samsung one and not Swypw or anything. It was easy to touch the right keys and you felt the vibration when you did. The screen is larger at 4.52" on Sprint over the 4.3" on AT&T. But seriously I was jealous of this phone when I have a very close one myself in the Motorola Atrix which also has a Dual Core CPU and 1GB of RAM.

Now I know that the iPhone 4S is to have similar specs, but seriously even when using iOS to TouchWiz, the Galaxy was a winner hands down. I could not find a single fault when using that phone and the battery life is great. With everything I did in my hour with it the battery went down only 5%. Not bad at all considering what I threw at it. The feel of the phone is great with the textured back for grip. The camera is excellent and by far better than the 5MP I have on my Atrix. If it wasnt for the fact I am waiting on the Samsung Note, I would get the AT&T version.

If they were the same price, I'd go SII. I've been using a ip4 for the last 8 months or so, it's been a relatively good experience (except for battery life recently) with one exception. Reception. Keep dropping calls like it's 1977. Apart from that, good. BUT. Gotten hands-on time with a couple of my mates' SII's recently, and I fell in love.

If the SII was $50 cheaper than the 4S, I'd **** go SII lol

If they were the same price, I'd go SII. I've been using a ip4 for the last 8 months or so, it's been a relatively good experience (except for battery life recently) with one exception. Reception. Keep dropping calls like it's 1977. Apart from that, good. BUT. Gotten hands-on time with a couple of my mates' SII's recently, and I fell in love.

If the SII was $50 cheaper than the 4S, I'd **** go SII lol

The amazon wireless beta has some hella good deals on upgrades.

I've had the Verizon iPhone 4 for the past few months and have had no issues with it. If you jailbreak your iPhone you can customize a lot more things and access features like using your phone as a mobile hotspot through MyWi, or using 3G unrestrictor to use FaceTime and stream Netflix over 3G. The battery can usually get about two days use out of my iPhone before I need to charge it, although I pretty much only talk, text and use it as an iPod with the occasional YouTube video or something. If I were considering either of the two phones I'd wait until the 4S is released and reviewed by someone.

Com'on..stupid poll, we all know most people hate apple on this forum.

No prizes for guessing which will 'win' the poll.

Com'on..stupid poll, we all know most people hate apple on this forum.

No prizes for guessing which will 'win' the poll.

Coming from the 1 person who didnt even bother to read any replies just comment that people hate Apple. Maybe if you actually read some responses and see that this is not just plain hate but from comparison of using both devices personally by at least 2 established members, then maybe I could forgive such a stupid comment. But the fact is this. You give no valid point to this statement. You dont even try to give a reason why the iPhone should be considered. Instead you just give the defense that "People hate Apple".

Here is another fun fact. Yesterday I received a Samsung Focus running Windows Phone 7 and have replaced my Android Device as well. Now I have experience using all 3 mobile OS's on the market. Can you say that? Can you tell me that you have personally used a device that was designed and built for those OS's and can make a reasonable argument for why 1 device should be considered over another as I have in my previous post?

SOUL echos the same thing I said. He lives in Australia while I live in the USA. 2 different parts of the world, same issues with the same device. I would say that gives some good credit to what is being said when 2 people on opposite sides of the world can say the same thing about the same device. Read what people say before you make stupid and unsupported comments. I gave very valid reasons why the SGII should be chosen. SOUL even said the same thing and he owns the iPhone 4. My personal feelings have nothing to do with this. My experience using the devices do.

Coming from the 1 person who didnt even bother to read any replies just comment that people hate Apple. Maybe if you actually read some responses and see that this is not just plain hate but from comparison of using both devices personally by at least 2 established members, then maybe I could forgive such a stupid comment. But the fact is this. You give no valid point to this statement. You dont even try to give a reason why the iPhone should be considered. Instead you just give the defense that "People hate Apple".

Here is another fun fact. Yesterday I received a Samsung Focus running Windows Phone 7 and have replaced my Android Device as well. Now I have experience using all 3 mobile OS's on the market. Can you say that? Can you tell me that you have personally used a device that was designed and built for those OS's and can make a reasonable argument for why 1 device should be considered over another as I have in my previous post?

SOUL echos the same thing I said. He lives in Australia while I live in the USA. 2 different parts of the world, same issues with the same device. I would say that gives some good credit to what is being said when 2 people on opposite sides of the world can say the same thing about the same device. Read what people say before you make stupid and unsupported comments. I gave very valid reasons why the SGII should be chosen. SOUL even said the same thing and he owns the iPhone 4. My personal feelings have nothing to do with this. My experience using the devices do.

But people do hate Apple. So how was i wrong ?

Everyone on here prefers android, because they don't like the iphone, and they don't like Apple. If my comment was really so stupid, it would be wrong. But it is not, Android is winning 4:1. Post the same question on MacForum and it would be the other way round, the poll would still be stupid though because the outcome is so blatently obvious.

If the result is so obvious, it is pointless. Are you trying to tell me the result of this poll isn't obvious ? it is. You know it is.

My reply had NOTHING to do with my opinion of either phone. It had everything to do with the fact that the outcome was obvious.
If you read any of my posts in the past few weeks you would know i am big fan of the Galaxy S2, the only reasons i didn't get one is because i have so many apps in the Apple ecosystem and i like the look of the IP4S Camera which is a big deal to me. Thats it. Everything else on the S2 except it's design i prefer.

Lets take a look at these quotes:

Look, I know I may not be a fan of Apple or its products.
I know I may be one of the biggest people against them.
I'm in the same boat Mak. I think just about everyone who's ever communicated with me has heard me bash Apple at one point or another
Tack another one on the "I'm with Mak" list.

I have my own opinion of Apple.
Yup, another on the 'with Mak' list here. I'm no Apple fan

I would say my evidence for people hating Apple is strong. And i would say people hating Apple is a very strong reasoning for knowing the Galaxy S2 would 'win' this poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom