ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinups

In Runtime
can you use the run command to log into another frineds computer. i heard that you can enter ther ip adress in the run menu to get to there computer is it true.

Typing something like net start [ip] might work, and then you can connect to them as a network place. This works on my university network for people sharing folders.

justinups said:
can you use the run command to log into another frineds computer. i heard that you can enter ther ip adress in the run menu to get to there computer is it true.

you need to include two blackslashes before the ip or computer name. the host will need to have file sharing enabled.

\\192.168.0.1

well... at least i use this way.... Im not sure what the difference is between this and the one above.

\\computername or ip\C$

Using \\ip or computername gives me an error but \\computername or ip\C$ works fine for me. Now only to test this with a friend.

uzi9mm said:
well... at least i use this way.... Im not sure what the difference is between this and the one above.

\\computername or ip\C$

yours connects to the default hidden admin share.

mine will show a list of available nonhidden shares included scheduled tasks and printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom