ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not so sure about that.

i want to ask that why sometimes, there is an error message from Windows about conflict of IP address with other systems?

its dynamic, so this means u can only contact ur ISP and ask them to give u a fixed IP

if u mean a local IP in ur lan u can easily disable dyamic and set ur IP manually

go to www.no-ip.com and sign up for their free service. Then download their application that you will install on your local machine. This application will keep track of your ip changes and resolve it with whatever address you choose...such as gigglepants.no-ip.com or gigglepants.servebeer.com

gigglepants said:
go to www.no-ip.com and sign up for their free service. Then download their application that you will install on your local machine. This application will keep track of your ip changes and resolve it with whatever address you choose...such as gigglepants.no-ip.com or gigglepants.servebeer.com
does this mean i have to keep on my computer to keep my ip the same??

no-ip is like a middleman, it redirects the user. you use your no-ip address instead of your real ip address. an update program checks your current address every few minutes from a server. if it detects changes it logs into your no-ip account and updates your dynamic ip address currently on file.

everytime someone request your no-ip address no-ip hands back the real ip address which it has on file. example:

you setup your game server and tell your friends to connect to address www.no-ip.adam.com. when they request that address no-ip hands back 66.218.71.113.

here's something i always wondered. if im using a dynamic dns address to connect to my vpn and I am downloading a big file, what happens if the ip changes in the middle of the transfer? I figure my connection will be lost.

Yea, Bruce is right on there......can't happen. the node has to be idle or reset for an IP change or lease renew of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom