interesting site

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I dont necessarily agree with the solution do you guys have any idea what our capitalism and prosperity is costing other countries and the environment? Take a course in the geography of Africa, that place is our testing grounds for everything from pesticides to medicines to really anything needing to be tested. They were fine with the lifestyle they had until we forced our western ideals and economic systems on them, they could no longer exist the way they had been. Now they have no choice but to participate in the modern economic scheme that we've set. It is a fact that western nations because of our economies settled colonized Africa, created subservient African societies, changed their way of life to suit ours, then abandoned them. Hence the massive amounts of so called "Ethnic Cleansing" and "Tribal warfare", substutue terms for genocide- because then we would have to get involved. We created the poverty and despair down there make no mistake.

I'm not telling you to do anything about it as I to have been thinking long and hard for a realistic solution and havent come up with anything too good. (we are a blissfully happy capitalistic nation and not much is gonna change that). All I'm saying is you may not want to be so prideful of your ignorance.

I boycott half of those company's already :)

That site is biased however, by far.

•
Binladin Telecommunications Group, a telecom equipment maker owned by Osama bin Laden's Saudi relatives is now Baud.

No shit eh?

I worked for UPS (that site cant even get the name right, still listed as United Parcel Service, when they officially dropped that name and took on UPS over 2 years ago) for 3 1/2 years. talk about unsafe work conditions. try busting your ass in a semi trailor for 4 hours when, on a wisconsin summer day was over 120 degrees. I do not even want to imagine what it would be like down south. I think i continue getting into all the differnt unsate things i could write a 10 page paper. You maybe thinking oh well it was probably just the building you worked in, mmm no i worked in more than one location in wisconsin.

kostas,

dont take this as offensive, im just curious.
how does your father's cancer relate to these corporations?
i've had relatives that have died of cancer, but i would never blame it on mcdonalds!

Traverse the networks of those companies someday and you will be surprised at what goes on behind closed doors. I say boycott the hell out of those companies. I'll still buy Nike because they are the only running shoes that are comfortable, tiny hands work well. That was cruel, I'm sorry.

kostas said:
thanks a lot mac_mogul. while my father is dying from cancer because of asshole companies like the ones you mentioned not caring for the environment, you sit there making jokes...

no offence, but your not living in a polluted city at all.. You should be looking at other reasons for your dad's cancer (lung i assume?) apart from environment, that route just doesn't work when millions of others are living in cities that are 10-50 times more polluted than... Chicago? I personally have lived in one of the top 10 most polluted city in the world for 12 years.. And i'm fine and still sits here talking..

It's also ridiculous that people are against corporation, globalization and a range of other things to do with capitalism.. We are all part of globalization in a capitalist society run by corporations.. If your so cool, try and stake your own place in a capitalist world, don't destroy the already established (and working) society just because you don't like money..

If any activist try to protest about something, the first thing i look is if they proposed a solution to the stuff they are protesting, if they didn't, just protesting for the hell of it, they are not worth a second look..

i don't eat McDonald's.

anyway, the purpose of this post was to introduce an interesting to me website that i stumbled upon and that's all.

let's move on already....

introducing a controversial site, you better be prepared to take the heat.. else don't introduce anything at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom